5G begins this Weds.

quad decade guy

So did any planes crash today?
There were pending Ad's(airworthiness effectiveness pending but were canceled for 2 weeks). These Ad's would have rendered dozens of airports unauthorized for anything more than Cat. 1 landings. That would have had catastrophic effects rippling through the air traffic control system....

You guys have no idea what is at stake here. I won't go into the details as you wouldn't understand or care.

Ad's are the kiss of death to flying. Some are grounding until complied with. Think about that.

This is a big deal.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There were pending Ad's(airworthiness effectiveness pending but were canceled for 2 weeks). These Ad's would have rendered dozens of airports unauthorized for anything more than Cat. 1 landings. That would have had catastrophic effects rippling through the air traffic control system....

You guys have no idea what is at stake here. I won't go into the details as you wouldn't understand or care.

Ad's are the kiss of death to flying. Some are grounding until complied with. Think about that.

This is a big deal.
Oh, I understand this problem quite well.
I live near an International Airport and watch them closely.
The ripple effect of closing down just one airport reaches around the world.
Airlines have to reshuffle their complete schedules to deal with it.
Moving planes & crews around is costly and time consuming which can lead to missed/ canceled flights.

On the other side , people who live near airports will be complaining less about the noise if the airport is shutdown.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
So did any planes crash today?
1642711769723.png

Box Ox

The 5G and altimeter frequencies are at least 200MHz apart at all times. They don't overlap. Which is why the carriers were allowed to buy the rights to them via government auction. If you can cite specific instances in which interference was actually demonstrated I'm totally open to it.

Well I do declaya!

"The technical experts that are working on it tell us it's really not that complicated once they all are able to share information and work on it," Parker also said. "So they seem encouraged that we'll be able to address this in a way that allows for full deployment of 5G, including near airports. I don't expect until we get to the point that everyone is really comfortable that you'll see anything turned on near airports, because no one wants to go through this again."

These statements marked a sudden shift, coming just three days after Parker and Kirby signed a letter claiming that 5G on the C-band would cause "catastrophic disruption" to air travel."

"The biggest recent development is that the FAA finally started a process to evaluate and approve altimeters after claiming without proof that 5G on C-Band spectrum (3.7 to 3.98 GHz) would disrupt altimeters that use spectrum from 4.2 GHz to 4.4 GHz. "

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Well I do declaya!

"The technical experts that are working on it tell us it's really not that complicated once they all are able to share information and work on it," Parker also said. "So they seem encouraged that we'll be able to address this in a way that allows for full deployment of 5G, including near airports. I don't expect until we get to the point that everyone is really comfortable that you'll see anything turned on near airports, because no one wants to go through this again."

These statements marked a sudden shift, coming just three days after Parker and Kirby signed a letter claiming that 5G on the C-band would cause "catastrophic disruption" to air travel."

"The biggest recent development is that the FAA finally started a process to evaluate and approve altimeters after claiming without proof that 5G on C-Band spectrum (3.7 to 3.98 GHz) would disrupt altimeters that use spectrum from 4.2 GHz to 4.4 GHz. "
61119FE2-8AF8-4957-B001-69AB02248280.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Just like everything the media puts out now--you can't believe any of it. Yes it is -no it isn't-yes it is -no it isn't.

quad decade guy

I do know this:

The FAA had pending AD's to restrict(SHUT DOWN) anything more than CAT1 approach's.....

That meant many everyday runways would be unusable for normal operations. This would have been catastrophic for planning and flying as we know it in general.

These AD's were suspended for 2 weeks.....as I understand it.

The FAA(Govt) runs aviation.....they can and will do what they want. They can shut down anything......and you can do nothing.

You do realize these AD's were in place to be started at midnight. Literally stayed in the last hours.....they were in place....

I do know this:

The FAA had pending AD's to restrict(SHUT DOWN) anything more than CAT1 approach's.....

That meant many everyday runways would be unusable for normal operations. This would have been catastrophic for planning and flying as we know it in general.

These AD's were suspended for 2 weeks.....as I understand it.

The FAA(Govt) runs aviation.....they can and will do what they want. They can shut down anything......and you can do nothing.

You do realize these AD's were in place to be started at midnight. Literally stayed in the last hours.....they were in place....
Right, cuz you said so.

newfie

airlines have had at least 6 to 7 years to plan and budget for this rollout and then wait until the last minute to push the panic button.

in the meantime they've been buying back their stock to drive up their share price.

my fear is not that 5g interferes with airplane electronics but that the hysteria is part of an effort to squeeze more tax breaks out of the govenrment.

anyone here ever try to work a cell phone around an airport? My reception has always been horrible near an airport. I think their already blocking cell phone reception. Probably why they're offering free wifi.

quad decade guy

airlines have had at least 6 to 7 years to plan and budget for this rollout and then wait until the last minute to push the panic button.

in the meantime they've been buying back their stock to drive up their share price.

my fear is not that 5g interferes with airplane electronics but that the hysteria is part of an effort to squeeze more tax breaks out of the govenrment.

anyone here ever try to work a cell phone around an airport? My reception has always been horrible near an airport. I think their already blocking cell phone reception. Probably why they're offering free wifi.
Fascinating...

Your fear is about businesses getting tax breaks....?

Really? Over 400 people being smeared into oblivion?

Please connect the dots of radar altimeter interference to tax breaks....

I am curious, your credentials please.

The airlines have had 6-7 years. OK.

You don't think they have been working through this the entire time? There are studies...right? When were they done? Day before the AD's were set to go into effect? No.

See, it wasn't the airlines shutting down runways.....it was the FAA.

Say, what's your problem with the airlines? You do want profitable, healthy air travel....right? Wait...do you have stock in high speed Tesla rail....?

You do realize....this would have effectively shut down UPS's ability to guarantee or even use airplanes for delivery. UPS, Amazon, Fed-Ex ALL, ALL use low viz/low ceiling approaches for operations....

And you complain about cell reception....theorizing blocking already.....yet claim conspiracy of profits......wow.

Yet, get on any plane and you will not be allowed to use a cell phone....is this just for gimmicks? Bizarre.

The airlines/airplanes have had a safe, reliable radar altimeter for decades.....with no replacement. That's what they are panicking about. NOT BEING ABLE TO USE THEIR AIRPLANES.

Say, speaking of the Govt.....they sold Big Comm all this for billions....selling out the airlines(people's safety). You sure you have your facts and really your priorities straight?

quad decade guy

Your supporting documents, articles, and sources please...

Cuz....
Pilot. A&P Certified Airframe & Powerplant(includes Avionics....) Mechanic. Degrees in Airport Mgt., Airline Mktg. and Air Cargo Transportation as well as Aircraft Maintenance Technician.

Member AOPA. Subscribe to several aviation periodicals. Flew yesterday....you?

Articles......you aren't worth my time.

Now that you are embarrassed.....let's talk aviation, this subject or anything flying related.

Smearing me and personal attacks just because you hate me....makes you look petty and small.

Noting you didn't list your credentials....odd.

Pilot. A&P Certified Airframe & Powerplant(includes Avionics....) Mechanic. Degrees in Airport Mgt., Airline Mktg. and Air Cargo Transportation as well as Aircraft Maintenance Technician.

Member AOPA. Subscribe to several aviation periodicals. Flew yesterday....you?

Articles......you aren't worth my time.

Now that you are embarrassed.....let's talk aviation, this subject or anything flying related.

Smearing me and personal attacks just because you hate me....makes you look petty and small.

Noting you didn't list your credentials....odd.
Neat, your credentials as a pilot and/or mechanic bear zero relevance to the conversation at hand. When @Box Ox kindly and very civilly asked for any supporting literature for your declarative statement, your reply was, "it's out there." So, as you continuously ask for credentials and supportive documentation from others, I ask this of you, since it's clearly a determining factor between truth and fairy tale.

You couldn't embarrass me on your best day.

quad decade guy

Neat, your credentials as a pilot and/or mechanic bear zero relevance to the conversation at hand. When @Box Ox kindly and very civilly asked for any supporting literature for your declarative statement, your reply was, "it's out there." So, as you continuously ask for credentials and supportive documentation from others, I ask this of you, since it's clearly a determining factor between truth and fairy tale.

You couldn't embarrass me on your best day.
Ok.

If I suggested articles or whatever....would you understand them? I think I would, given my background(credentials).

Obviously(maybe not for you)......a simpleton could put in their browser "Aviations concern of the 5g rollout..." something similar...you'll find plenty. Of both opinions and study....try it....attacking me doesn't change any of that.

I'm pretty confident you would disregard them or smear me or personally attack anyway.....

Disregarding me being a current pilot and mechanic means I try to stay informed......

I'm in the system.....first hand....you? Flew yesterday.....matter of fact...you? You know...flying...airplanes...radar altimeters....

What seems to be most important to you....is attacking me. I realize you hate me......it won't make Cat 3 approaches any safer....or viable with AD's....yes look it up.....I already understand it.