5hour part time rule

upschuck

Your shift is not done until the following are met:
all the work for shift is done,
or they are letting people go in your work area and you are the highest seniority person wanting to go.

Be it 3 hours or 15 hours. Anything else could be considered job abandonment and could get fired over it. Here they usually want everyone(PT) off the clock before 5 hours so they don't have to pay OT, which is why they start shifts as late as they can, so it runs into the next, and have to wrap up before OT is paid. Even preload that gets most hours start later in the hopes the drivers help wrap up quickly to get on the road.

Oak

When and if I become a full time driver I'll take all the ot I can get but for now getting ot at $10 an hour while dripping gallons of sweat while my body is shutting down from all the scanning /lifting I just wanna go home if I reach my 5 .

Sent using BrownCafe App
So, you're not interested in $15 hourly after your five hours?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Do you think you're the only PTer in existence?? lol I would love an easy 4 hour day sometimes....but it's not going to happen, so suck it up!

:censored2: that. If I could get six a day or more, I wouldn't have to waste time looking for a BS part-time job to supplement my income. I don't understand the PT'ers that have side gigs at or around minimum wage rushing to get off the clock when they're making over $15/hr (straight time).

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
:censored2: that. If I could get six a day or more, I wouldn't have to waste time looking for a BS part-time job to supplement my income. I don't understand the PT'ers that have side gigs at or around minimum wage rushing to get off the clock when they're making over $15/hr (straight time).
I average around 30 hours a week at more than 15/hr....but yeah once in a while, I wouldn't mind leaving before 945am and getting to my 2nd job with more than 5 min to spare. Having ten min to drink a cup of coffee would be fabulous. If you don't understand that....I can't help you.

HBGPreloader

What upchuck said - you work until the job is finished and you're sent home.

If they try to send you home early, you can refuse because you are guaranteed to be paid for at least 3.5 hours - unless you volunteer to leave early.

So, unless you have a prior arrangement, such as classes/school or an appointment that was approved by management, you're there for the duration.

TheKingOfQueens

Your shift is not done until the following are met:
all the work for shift is done,
or they are letting people go in your work area and you are the highest seniority person wanting to go.

Be it 3 hours or 15 hours. Anything else could be considered job abandonment and could get fired over it. Here they usually want everyone(PT) off the clock before 5 hours so they don't have to pay OT, which is why they start shifts as late as they can, so it runs into the next, and have to wrap up before OT is paid. Even preload that gets most hours start later in the hopes the drivers help wrap up quickly to get on the road.

Thx upchuck!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I average around 30 hours a week at more than 15/hr....but yeah once in a while, I wouldn't mind leaving before 945am and getting to my 2nd job with more than 5 min to spare. Having ten min to drink a cup of coffee would be fabulous. If you don't understand that....I can't help you.

If you can't understand how frustrating it is as a steward to try and hold the company to the contract and then watch part-timers willingly run out every day while leaving their work for supervisors to finish, then I can't help you. Some have legitimate reasons (they have to run to a 3rd shift job and need at least a few minutes to eat) but many don't.

By The Book

If your second job pays less than big brown, and you could start there 15 minutes later, winner winner chicken dinner.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you can't understand how frustrating it is as a steward to try and hold the company to the contract and then watch part-timers willingly run out every day while leaving their work for supervisors to finish, then I can't help you. Some have legitimate reasons (they have to run to a 3rd shift job and need at least a few minutes to eat) but many don't.
Nobody touches my trucks but me.... I don't leave till I'm done.

UPSGUY72

What is the rule in the new contract about being able to leave after hitting your 5 hours as a part time? Was told by a sup that you're able I leave after your 5 only if you're area is clean . Smells a bit fishy

Sent using BrownCafe App

You work until your told you can leave be it 3.5 or more... Apparently the SUP who told you that BS isn't looking out for your best interest more like looking to getting you fired.