6:1 Ratio On topic please

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We get paid well to do our job but we don't get any incentive to work faster.
It's always been that way. The mite you do, the more they want you to do.

Just treat us like human beings and it will look better on the quarterly report.
That's where the harassment comes into play for some drivers.... this constant "what happen yesterday".. always in your fing face... always. This is some drivers incentive to work faster and faster.. to keep the scrubs from even looking at them... I have seen it. The union, including Sean O have stated that it has been going on for years and it's out of hand... hope he makes an effort to start to push back on this... idgaf, because I might see my Onroad in feeder once every couple months and nothing but "hey" is ever said... package is a whole other ball game... needs to be cut back big time...

That's where the harassment comes into play for some drivers.... this constant "what happen yesterday".. always in your fing face... always. This is some drivers incentive to work faster and faster.. to keep the scrubs from even looking at them... I have seen it. The union, including Sean O have stated that it has been going on for years and it's out of hand... hope he makes an effort to start to push back on this... idgaf, because I might see my Onroad in feeder once every couple months and nothing but "hey" is ever said... package is a whole other ball game... needs to be cut back big time...
No argument here.
You take care if me, I'll take care of you.
You friend* me....guess what??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No argument here.
You take care if me, I'll take care of you.
You friend* me....guess what??
Yep... and most on road sups know that but where it gets sticky is when a center Mgr or DM tries to drop the hammer and start pulling stupid stuff with the driver group.... ors gets stuck in the middle...like a chump. The good thing about that is most of the "good ones" are getting out or retiring so they just bring up some young young pt sups or 1 year drivers to fill the space and they can either be manipulated big time or they get their ass handed to them....there are a few who I have had to want to do the right thing when they first get onto an ors position and either get tired of the bs and leave or try to get transferred.... its really a dead end job

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Where you going??? Maybe they will promote you to division manager.... wouldn't surprise me the direction this company is going in...

i'll never make DM but i could easily be a manager in 2-3 if i went back into ops

ops managers have terrible lives though and they have to deal with hourlies so i'd rather stay where i am

Okay so we got slightly off topic but i am enjoying this. You said yes to both question so my follow up question is what can they can do? If there are written leagl guidlines how can they be circumvented?

none of this has to do with legality; 6-1 hiring, if a center has the available slots is 99% up to the center manager

so if he says he wants to hire you, and he isn't lying, then boom you're in; up until that hired moment, there is no requirement from you to do anything

You could probably find a job outside here and make more money and less stress Depending on the part of the country you live in...

i like UPS

Coldworld

60 months and counting
i'll never make DM but i could easily be a manager in 2-3 if i went back into ops

ops managers have terrible lives though and they have to deal with hourlies so i'd rather stay where i am

none of this has to do with legality; 6-1 hiring, if a center has the available slots is 99% up to the center manager

so if he says he wants to hire you, and he isn't lying, then boom you're in; up until that hired moment, there is no requirement from you to do anything

i like UPS
They are hiring younger and younger DM's.....

ManInBrown

I've never seen one FT or PT supervisor make the jump back to hourly. Not one. I know a couple drivers on here have said they've seen it. I couldn't imagine that happening in my building.

PT Car Washer

I've never seen one FT or PT supervisor make the jump back to hourly. Not one. I know a couple drivers on here have said they've seen it. I couldn't imagine that happening in my building.
Used to be common for select PT sups to go FT package car driving. Very rare now days but we did have one PT sup qualify this past Peak.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I didn't think if you were full time mgt that you could jump into driving???

PT Car Washer

You can't. Only PT sups can make the jump. Most do it as a step to FT mgt as you are supposed to have 30 days on road (hence the 30 day wonder tag) before becoming a FT sup in operations.
Used to be a requirement that before being promoted to FT management that they have 30 days on the road. That is very rare now days. I can think of only one out of dozens in the last 10 years that qualified as a driver before going into FT management.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Not that hard of concept to understand yet we still have guys who want to skip their lunch and breaks or who "brag" about being able to keep up with a 25 year old when they are near or over 55+ and able to get senior discounts at Denny's.... news flash , nobody cares if you can "keep up" with a younger driver...aka upstate. That's not something to be proud about..
I love when my route is next to those guys. They can get the extra work because they are way better than me

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I love when my route is next to those guys. They can get the extra work because they are way better than me
It's like they have to "prove" something ....idgaf if you can do more stops than me....I'm giving them a full day and that's all that matters...everything else is just par for the course....I haven't been in pkg for awhile and I don't miss all that drama...there are some good kids coming up through the ranks and there are some real "punks" that are too big for their britches ( as @rod, @Wally @cosmo1 or @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U all might say.....)

rod

Retired 22 years
It's like they have to "prove" something ....idgaf if you can do more stops than me....I'm giving them a full day and that's all that matters...everything else is just par for the course....I haven't been in pkg for awhile and I don't miss all that drama...there are some good kids coming up through the ranks and there are some real "punks" that are too big for their britches ( as @rod, @Wally @cosmo1 or @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U all might say.....)

watch out for those young whipper-snappers.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Our management tried getting me to become PT supervisor and told me I would be the outside hire for FT driving when a driver retired in 6 months. I was considering it for a while and literally every driver told me if I took the job I would NEVER drive and be stuck at the PT sup for my career. So I passed up that opportunity and some less than a year in preloader took the job. 6 months later that preloader went to driving school and was the next outside hire.

I don't regret my decision even though it cost me 3 spots on the seniority list and 10's of thousands of dollars.

ManInBrown

Our management tried getting me to become PT supervisor and told me I would be the outside hire for FT driving when a driver retired in 6 months. I was considering it for a while and literally every driver told me if I took the job I would NEVER drive and be stuck at the PT sup for my career. So I passed up that opportunity and some less than a year in preloader took the job. 6 months later that preloader went to driving school and was the next outside hire.

I don't regret my decision even though it cost me 3 spots on the seniority list and 10's of thousands of dollars.
Again, everywhere is different. I'm saying I've never seen it in my building. PT sup is either a road to nowhere, or if they like you a road to FT sup. Never seen it be a road to FT driving