6:1 Ratio On topic please

RuthlessSupSlayer

Okay so with all this said. Can they jump the senority list and hire a preloader while counting that as an outside hire? It sounds like this is a common practice in some regard. Tears makes it seem like managment can hire whoever they like but i can not believe that because there is a process in place.

jaker

trolling
Okay so with all this said. Can they jump the senority list and hire a preloader while counting that as an outside hire? It sounds like this is a common practice in some regard. Tears makes it seem like managment can hire whoever they like but i can not believe that because there is a process in place.
No , you are a union worker and have to follow the union way to do it

If you trust your sups then quit and be a off the street hire or become a sup and go that way

RuthlessSupSlayer

No , you are a union worker and have to follow the union way to do it

If you trust your sups then quit and be a off the street hire or become a sup and go that way

Then why do these big headed sups think they can circumvent a contract this is what drives me crazy....STOP BLOW SMOKE UP MY ASS...JUST BE HONEST...A TIP FOR YOU SUPS AND MANAGERS

dudebro

Then why do these big headed sups think they can circumvent a contract this is what drives me crazy....STOP BLOW SMOKE UP MY ASS...JUST BE HONEST...A TIP FOR YOU SUPS AND MANAGERS
I've known many district managers who preferred to offer the "outside hire" to PT supervisors. SO in most cases this works. It's not like the hard work will come as a shock, like it would with a true off the street hire.

Here's the thing though - with a 6:1 ratio, that ONE hire, mgmt can ABSOLUTELY hire whomever they want, because that's what the contract says.

So if you become a PT supervisor, and to use the term in another thread, then become a rooster about it, you'll be a PT sup forever. If you're a good PT sup, they'll take care of you 99% of the time, unless you have a management team that doesn't like you.

So, if you want to go the sure way, just put your name on the bid sheet and wait.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Again, everywhere is different. I'm saying I've never seen it in my building. PT sup is either a road to nowhere, or if they like you a road to FT sup. Never seen it be a road to FT driving
Yeah he was the first supervisor to be the 6th man in over 30 years at our center. It shocked everyone.

RuthlessSupSlayer

I've known many district managers who preferred to offer the "outside hire" to PT supervisors. SO in most cases this works. It's not like the hard work will come as a shock, like it would with a true off the street hire.

Here's the thing though - with a 6:1 ratio, that ONE hire, mgmt can ABSOLUTELY hire whomever they want, because that's what the contract says.

So if you become a PT supervisor, and to use the term in another thread, then become a rooster about it, you'll be a PT sup forever. If you're a good PT sup, they'll take care of you 99% of the time, unless you have a management team that doesn't like you.

So, if you want to go the sure way, just put your name on the bid sheet and wait.

I would never join the dark side..lol

dudebro

Then I have no idea why you started this thread. Just get on the list, like everyone else who wants to go driving.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Why would you think you would be able to just cut in line? most of the people with more seniority than you are waiting for the same full time driving spot you are. That 6 to 1 off the street hire is not for you. You are already in line to be one of the 6. Just put your time in. You'll get to this crappy job soon enough.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why would you think you would be able to just cut in line? most of the people with more seniority than you are waiting for the same full time driving spot you are. That 6 to 1 off the street hire is not for you. You are already in line to be one of the 6. Just put your time in. You'll get to this crappy job soon enough.
Haha...yes, you'll get to be a packmule soon enough!!

RuthlessSupSlayer

I can't wait!!! This would be the final stop that i have been looking for.
Haha...yes, you'll get to be a packmule soon enough!!

Lol I'm not afraid to bust my ass for 30 days :wink-very:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I can't wait!!! This would be the final stop that i have been looking for.

Lol I'm not afraid to bust my ass for 30 days :wink-very:

Wait like the rest of us, and be a man about it.
If you want to cut lines so bad, go to Disney and use your Fastpass

giphy.gif

RuthlessSupSlayer

Wait like the rest of us, and be a man about it.
If you want to cut lines so bad, go to Disney and use your Fastpass

giphy.gif

You guys are right i just had my panties in a bunch this weekend. And sorry if i offended anyone not my intention. And thanks for the help.i just have issues with management's bs that i have been getting used since October.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
You guys are right i just had my panties in a bunch this weekend. And sorry if i offended anyone not my intention. And thanks for the help.i just have issues with management's bs that i have been getting used since October.
They always seem to tell new people what they think you want to hear so you will bust your :censored2: even harder. Just show up on time everyday do what's asked of you and you will get that call to go driver soon enough.

RuthlessSupSlayer

They always seem to tell new people what they think you want to hear so you will bust your :censored2: even harder. Just show up on time everyday do what's asked of you and you will get that call to go driver soon enough.

Thanks, i feel like i always have to bust my ass because thats tje way tje flow comes down. We are rated at 14k/ hr.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

In my experience the pt sup who wants that driving job is strung along and promised over and over that they will get a shot.. but nothing ever happens. Also the few that have got a driving gig never went back to Mgt after the move... none.