6 days a week ??

Bounty

I’ve been running a 6 day operation for years. I can’t wait for more delivery volume on Mondays. It’ll support another route for pickups. I was told they aren’t changing the service days until January when they’ll shift Saturday to only be overnight/2 day volume with the rest getting pushed to Monday. For now Monday will just be volume they advance from Tues and Wed. A big nothing burger.
You are one big optimist, someone could :censored2: on your head and you would grow flowers. Good for you.

bacha29

I think that it's safe to say that in the end you guys will find as many loaded trailers parked at your terminals on Monday morning as you'll find parked there on Saturday morning 52 Saturday's a year. It's pretty obvious that X sees Saturday as simply unused capacity. Do they see Sunday in the same light? Why wouldn't they?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Whelp today was a bust... guess cargo traffic from the Carolinas to our terminals didn't make it this morning.

Super light, but covering 2 routes... 140 miles
_20180924_175312.JPG

They should've just say stay home today.

Pro: full day's salary for that work

bacha29

Whelp today was a bust... guess cargo traffic from the Carolinas to our terminals didn't make it this morning.

Super light, but covering 2 routes... 140 miles View attachment 214051

They should've just say stay home today.

Pro: full day's salary for that work
Don't feel bad O. That contractor is making money hand over fist thanks to guys like you. But sooner or later you'll catch on to this and will be rightfully angry when you discover just how badly you were used.

OrioN

Not a problem... if they paid by the stop, I wouldn't have rolled in to help out on a Monday. They lost $ on multiple routes today...

TUT

They’re just switching around the commit dates. Packages will default to Mon-Fri with Saturday HD delivery being only overnight or 2nd day volume. It’ll make it easier for me to shift more drivers to a Mon-Fri schedule and handle pickups better on Monday’s. Right now I’m short guys for Monday so they get blown out on pickups but there isn’t enough delivery volume to support another route.

I don't think this is going to be a Shipper favorite. Coast to Coast that is a 2 day penalty vs today.

HD219

We were just informed that we'll be working 6 day weeks starting first week of January. No way I'm working 6 days unless it's mid November-December lol. They really expect us to have no life outside of delivering packages.

Exec32

So you guys have to provide labor and trucks for an extra day, absorbing additional cost for less profit?
X plans on building this on the contractors back, and you have no choice?
As you scramble to obey, deal with turnover, watch you profit go down, be prepared for the next but %$ck.
With X stock WAY DOWN, and future not looking bright, they have one group they can reliably screw over, and there is nothing you can do.
You own a busines,blablalala..right.

bacha29

So you guys have to provide labor and trucks for an extra day, absorbing additional cost for less profit?
X plans on building this on the contractors back, and you have no choice?
As you scramble to obey, deal with turnover, watch you profit go down, be prepared for the next but %$ck.
With X stock WAY DOWN, and future not looking bright, they have one group they can reliably screw over, and there is nothing you can do.
You own a busines,blablalala..right.
Before anybody dismisses your comments they need only to go back to last week and read Fat Freddy's comments. What he was trying to tell you is that next year plane's will be flying around up there with half a load on them and having to pay Freight jocks close to union scale or they won't do it . To get his stock back up there to 275 it needs to make at least 18 a share and what he's saying is that he doesn't see Freight or Express doing much to get it there.
That leaves Ground with the survival of contractors totally dependent on box ox willing to kill themselves out there for fast food wages and zero benefits. You might still be able to find enough of them to get by in some markets but not all of them as we saw this peak season where X had to pay more than it wanted to in order to get mercenary contractors to go plug the gaps.

OrioN

So far my Mondays are light ... most of the HD group are under 10k weight limit & we can skirt the 34 hour reset. A few were in p700s though...

I was finished by noon, then text my manager if anyone else needs help before I clock out for the day.

We're still separate ground and HD, so there's still overlap in my area.

Ground could've easily took my res stops today, unless he's got too much before his pickups schedule start in the afternoon.

bacha29

So far my Mondays are light ... most of the HD group are under 10k weight limit & we can skirt the 34 hour reset. A few were in p700s though...

I was finished by noon, then text my manager if anyone else needs help before I clock out for the day.

We're still separate ground and HD, so there's still overlap in my area.

Ground could've easily took my res stops today, unless he's got too much before his pickups schedule start in the afternoon.
I was informed by the station I was at that they go 6 days year round beginning 1-21-19. It's a G/HD combined station and for years because the area is so big and so sparsely populated that it didn't matter if the box had a G or an H on the label. It was simply a matter of who was the closest to where the box had to go.
The biggest gripe from contractors is that there will be too many trucks going out on too many days with half a load on them along with driver concerns regarding the prospect of having to go to a split work week schedule
They might as well prepare themselves for a 7 /365 work experience because even here in the jhing weeds USPS is out here running around on Sundays.

OrioN

Whew, finally a Monday off.

Management will rotate us so we can have a 5 day work week unless one is crazy enough to be like usps working Monday to Saturday

12yearsaslave

We got a Monday settlement enhancement (per stop on all volume year round). Definitely covers the extra expenses. But I'm sure we're all are stupid and Exec will let me know how I'm an idiot still running a multi million dollar business...

instiches

We got a Monday settlement enhancement (per stop on all volume year round). Definitely covers the extra expenses. But I'm sure we're all are stupid and Exec will let me know how I'm an idiot still running a multi million dollar business...

Meh, we'll see how the revenue adds up, but I'm guessing they take that extra settlement as soon as you are up for renewal and renegotiate. Then they will play hardball and continue to put pressure on your rates.

Can't wait for the annual "negotiation" back and forth:

Negotiator: With our proposed rates and projected growth, you will be grossing much more!

Me: My revenue per stop is the same or less now, you :censored2:.

Mondays are annoying right now because we have no vision report at all, so we are completely clueless on how the routes will look. FedEx can't even give us good projections. Yesterday was half the volume the station told us would show up.