6 days a week ??

It will be fine

Hope you got full salary pay for that day.

I was doing something similar for a full days pay. 2 combined routes, though.
This Saturday should be last normal work load Saturday. The commit dates will shift next week making Monday a full day and Saturday a premium day.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
No idea, as long as I get my full salary for rolling in.

Hopefully when we go combined HD & ground, my service area will be cut in half

Exec32

We got a Monday settlement enhancement (per stop on all volume year round). Definitely covers the extra expenses. But I'm sure we're all are stupid and Exec will let me know how I'm an idiot still running a multi million dollar business...
13yearsaslave,
Multi million hahaha.

bacha29

Yep. Keep laughing, I'll keep making money.
Just keep the matter in prospective. As a contractor you're not doing anything XG can't do themselves except in two key areas. Provide labor cheaper than they can get it themselves (if such a thing is possible) and provide a firewall against union representation. Fail on either one and it's "hasta lavista baby".

XEQaF

Just keep the matter in prospective. As a contractor you're not doing anything XG can't do themselves except in two key areas. Provide labor cheaper than they can get it themselves (if such a thing is possible) and provide a firewall against union representation. Fail on either one and it's "hasta lavista baby".

Don't forget, the fleet, fuel and maintenance on vehicles they approve, with their decals and they scrutinize

It will be fine

What about Sunday? The USPS mail car just went by.
That’s coming soon probably within a year or two. They still haven’t figured out Saturday yet so it might be a while. The volume shift that was supposed to happen in January still hasn’t. It’s a mess that apparently the engineers can’t solve.

bacha29

Don't forget, the fleet, fuel and maintenance on vehicles they approve, with their decals and they scrutinize
Right on. As long as their DOT number are on the side of the bank financed truck you drive and their bar code labels are on the freight that's in it they control everything and the worst thing you can do to yourself is to try and deny it.

bacha29

That’s coming soon probably within a year or two. They still haven’t figured out Saturday yet so it might be a while. The volume shift that was supposed to happen in January still hasn’t. It’s a mess that apparently the engineers can’t solve.
If it's a volume issue....no problem....They'll just go and steal some more motor freight off the LTL's.

It will be fine

Saturday and Monday HD volume is an absolute joke.
My Monday’s are out of control busy, while my Saturdays haven’t slowed at all. This means I’m always understaffed on Monday. We fail on Monday setting up a bad week until volume drops again on Thursday. I would need some amount of staff that would have Sunday and Thursday as their off days. I haven’t tried yet, don’t think it would be popular.

TNT Frosty

Im fine working, monday to friday, or monday to saturday, as long as at least once a month I get two days off... as the time is added onto my RDO, and my annual leave (more hours work = more hours able to have off)
Its why I like being paid by the hour, most think im crazy, but for me, driving is my relaxation, and the RDOs, and Annual leave I save up, and not use, I will use when moving house, or flying overseas (maybe, when planning for driving in america, use some of that time, to get things organized)

OrioN

Tnt, you're linehaul... we're package delivery that sorta is a different ball game.

This week, I went over 1000 miles since peak season.

Monday, super light that they're combining 2 to 4 routes into one, which makes for more windshield time. I drove about 300 miles. Less stress on the body, so I'll take it.

Saturday, clocked out 2200. 260 miles. Was done my route early at 1700, but one driver was slammed & would've been out until midnight... so, 3 of us went to help.

I was an hour away/ 45 miles, so went to refuel & meet up to split some stops. DEX 079 if it doesn't auto-reconcile at his scanner s end of day process.

TNT Frosty

ive done and I still do the little mans work, on public holidays etc... (Get to meet old customers in shopping center)

Thank god that shopping centers charge way too much for rent to house our own warehouse inside, that way I can still work public holidays do your little mans work :D

OrioN

I'm going back to 5 day work week... mis management can't flex routes properly

And even though volume is lower, it's more spread out.

The worse part is having a whole 8 pages out of 10 with the same SiD#! Cut it down to manageable clusters so I don't be wasting time looking at 90 boxes to find the right parcel.

I had to# the boxes by stop# instead so I can brick out in order to make it bearable & cluster them in groups of 10.

Told them to fix it for the past two weeks and just got Fed up. It's much easier to work with Amazon DSPs or flex on Sunday/ Monday, which is what I'll try.

Heard the local Amazon DSPs are not retaining good drivers either, so I can easily go see what it's like vs working for a subcontractor at FedEx HD.

P.S. it's going to stay as a standalone terminal for some reason <shugs>

It will be fine

I'm going back to 5 day work week... mis management can't flex routes properly

And even though volume is lower, it's more spread out.

The worse part is having a whole 8 pages out of 10 with the same SiD#! Cut it down to manageable clusters so I don't be wasting time looking at 90 boxes to find the right parcel.

I had to# the boxes by stop# instead so I can brick out in order to make it bearable & cluster them in groups of 10.

Told them to fix it for the past two weeks and just got Fed up. It's much easier to work with Amazon DSPs or flex on Sunday/ Monday, which is what I'll try.

Heard the local Amazon DSPs are not retaining good drivers either, so I can easily go see what it's like vs working for a subcontractor at FedEx HD.

P.S. it's going to stay as a standalone terminal for some reason <shugs>
They need to run the routes under different work area numbers on Saturday and Monday. The vision system doesn’t reset between Saturday and Monday like it does the rest of the week. So if your route is work area 240 Tuesday through Saturday they have to recut it as 242 on Monday so the SIDs will be correct.

OrioN

Yeah, the BC should have been taught that... it makes common sense to re assign routes that way. Now they have something that I can slap to their faces...& was from another subcontractor that knows what they're doing... sigh

Like I said in another thread, management can make or break this operation.