6% raise

vantexan

van still thinks he'll come out ahead, which is fine.

No I don't, I'm just trying to keep my head above water until I retire. Anyone who has been on this forum for years has seen hundreds of my posts being critical of what they've done to us. I'm just saying that they've reached critical mass with newhires. They have to come up with something better because all the old timers are retiring in ever bigger numbers and they haven't offered anything in recent years that makes newhires stay any longer than they have to. That's a failing model and soon a failed company. I'm not saying this new step system is anything special, but it's a lot better than before. If they don't stick with it they'll risk killing their golden goose. Take it away and they're back to high turnover. Only there will be a lot less old timers to hold it together for them.

Last edited:

vantexan

You sound like you're new. Remember when they told you you could keep your traditional pension if you wanted to and then two years later they took it away? It may be stupid but that doesn't mean they won't do it. They won't come right out and say they've just changed their mind. They'll blame it on the economy or say the feds have come out with some new accounting regulations that they can't possibly abide by. Or this or that or the other.
They were trying to get as many as possible to switch so that when they terminated the traditional pension they could avoid paying "catch-up" credits to those who had voluntarily switched over. Hey, I can see a scenario where they end the step plan 8-10 years down the line just to get enraged higher payed couriers to quit and be replaced by cheaper employees. Then a year or two later start it up again. An endless cycle.

pretrip

Over two years in and I'm still at starting pay. They've raised the floor at a higher % than the raises. Just looked on prism and I'm scheduled for 3%. I'm bailing ASAP.

optikz

Over two years in and I'm still at starting pay. They've raised the floor at a higher % than the raises. Just looked on prism and I'm scheduled for 3%. I'm bailing ASAP.

I've been here 8 years and make 70 cents more than a new hire....I haven't even checked prism yet to see if it showed our raises

MondayLates

10 years and I make 90 cents more than starting pay. With the 6% raise I will still only be at 14% of range. Never thought I would work at a place this long and still be making substantially less than what my coworkers who do the same job make.

l22

Why do people stay if their not happy with the job. If I didn't like it I would leave. It really isn't that hard to do

Ask anyone with kids to feed, "why do you stay at your job if you're not happy with it?"..... For most people, happiness has little to do with a job. A job is called a job because it's work, it's not supposed to be fun. And work sucks, but it's something you do to survive. A job is for money, which can be used to buy goods and services, and, in this country, health insurance, if you're "lucky" like we are (lol). I think the whole attitude of "do-what-you-love and makes you happy" (which is only increasing with members of my generation - the millenials) is something that will never work and only ends up allowing workers to have deluded ideas of how companies treat them and allows companies to screw over their employees by substituting ideas of "doing what you love" in place of higher wages and good health insurance, 401k, etc. - the things any person needs to live comfortably and survive.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2014/01/in-the-name-of-love/

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
10 years and I make 90 cents more than starting pay. With the 6% raise I will still only be at 14% of range. Never thought I would work at a place this long and still be making substantially less than what my coworkers who do the same job make.

It really is amazing, isn't it? And now, they're selling the 10 year top out like it's some huge gift. Jesus, I can't even think of a company where it takes 10 years to reach top wage. With both veteran employees and new ones leaving in droves, it's pretty much an academic point anyway. Mr. Smith has created such a dysfunctional organization that few are interested in it any more as a career.

MondayLates

Why do people stay if their not happy with the job. If I didn't like it I would leave. It really isn't that hard to do

I have stayed because I like the job and I always held out hope that they would do the right thing eventually. I'm a fool for thinking that, but at least now I know. Believe me, I do not intend to stay here.

Yozh69

They were trying to get as many as possible to switch so that when they terminated the traditional pension they could avoid paying "catch-up" credits to those who had voluntarily switched over. Hey, I can see a scenario where they end the step plan 8-10 years down the line just to get enraged higher payed couriers to quit and be replaced by cheaper employees. Then a year or two later start it up again. An endless cycle.

I was at Express for a year. With no pension to entice me to stay I moved to Freight and got a 20% bump in pay and full-time hours.

I enjoyed what I did at Express and the folks I worked with I just didn't get the hours they promised.

MAKAVELI

I was at Express for a year. With no pension to entice me to stay I moved to Freight and got a 20% bump in pay and full-time hours.

I enjoyed what I did at Express and the folks I worked with I just didn't get the hours they promised.
And you still have no pension at Freight.;)

Csdsm18

Newbie here working at express. I started very late November 11/14 ppossibly could have been 12/14. I'm a pm pt courier and honestly have no complaints yet really. have pretty decent hours so i cant argue. My qquestion is, am i gonna get a 3% or 6% raise since I havent even been at eexpress for a full year yet. Someone let me know what you think my raise would be. Thanks.

48meeting

Newbie here working at express. I started very late November 11/14 ppossibly could have been 12/14. I'm a pm pt courier and honestly have no complaints yet really. have pretty decent hours so i cant argue. My qquestion is, am i gonna get a 3% or 6% raise since I havent even been at eexpress for a full year yet. Someone let me know what you think my raise would be. Thanks.

I'm a newb to the site , but not to company (lol) but hopefully you get 3% and not six since you haven't even put in a full year. Good question though.