6% raise

BigWork13

Question. I'm suppose to start with the company in September. Will I be eligible for a raise or do I have to wait until next October?

l22

[QUOTE="Csdsm18, post: 1800908, member: 59850"I'm a pm pt courier and honestly have no complaints yet really. have pretty decent hours so i cant argue. [/QUOTE]

Just wait lol. You have to turn off your mind when you're in the station, but still pay attention to what is going on and ask questions.

BigWork13

I'm trying to run from my current job. I honestly don't see what can be so bad about fedex express. The job seems easy, a raise every year, some kind of pension (I know everyone talks about how terrible the pension is, but is something. My current job has nothing like that).

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm trying to run from my current job. I honestly don't see what can be so bad about fedex express. The job seems easy, a raise every year, some kind of pension (I know everyone talks about how terrible the pension is, but is something. My current job has nothing like that).

:rofl:

Okay. Who wants to place bets? 6 months? A year? I'll give him/her 6 months since they are being hired before Peak. Anyone? Lol.

Last edited:

l22

It's probably better than your current job, but not by much. I wouldn't call it easy - but it's not too difficult either. You can learn anything. My advice to you is just focus on safety above all no matter how much pressure is put on you or be prepared to be thrown under the bus by mgmt.

Last edited:

l22

It's probably better than your current job, but not by much. I wouldn't call it easy - but it's not too difficult either. You can learn anything. My advice to you is just focus on safety above all or be prepared to be thrown under the bus by mgmt.

It's an alright job for a while, or as a permanent P/T gig but it's certainly not a career the way it seems it used to be. I'd consider looking for a government job while working here.

optikz

Newbie here working at express. I started very late November 11/14 ppossibly could have been 12/14. I'm a pm pt courier and honestly have no complaints yet really. have pretty decent hours so i cant argue. My qquestion is, am i gonna get a 3% or 6% raise since I havent even been at eexpress for a full year yet. Someone let me know what you think my raise would be. Thanks.

According to my SM, anyone with less than a year of driving experience will get 3%

Csdsm18

How about the rtd pposition? That more of a ggood career with fedex? I'm going to get my cdl soon andwas llooking to get some feedback from rtd drivers. How do you'll like it? Hours pay wise? Thanks again

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How about the rtd pposition? That more of a ggood career with fedex? I'm going to get my cdl soon andwas llooking to get some feedback from rtd drivers. How do you'll like it? Hours pay wise? Thanks again

Going RTD is a good way of getting free training for a CDL. Other than that, same crappy benefits and it isn't much more than a courier. You'll never top out despite the smoke fedex is blowing up everyone's rear ends right now. At my ramp, RTD's are jumping ship, getting better pay and benefits elsewhere.

It's an easy job. You do a lot of standing around. You either work AM shift from maybe 0300-1100 or PM from maybe 1600-0000. Hours vary depending on route and locations.

It will be fine

Go RTD and get a year experience. Then find a better job. There's a huge shortage of CDl drivers, lots of good quality jobs out there if you have experience.

Csdsm18

No full time rtd? I'm highly considering it. Have a few friends that drive with a cdl and are making great money. I just don't wanna get stuck with crazy long hours. Deff not interested in otr work either. Local only for me. Thought maybe fedex would have a great choice with the hours.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
No full time rtd? I'm highly considering it. Have a few friends that drive with a cdl and are making great money. I just don't wanna get stuck with crazy long hours. Deff not interested in otr work either. Local only for me. Thought maybe fedex would have a great choice with the hours.

When a route is bid, it's based on seniority. You have to either be lucky or around a long time to get FT.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Flipping burgers may be a better career choice these days.

Just keep in mind that management, HR, upper management and especially Fred S ARE NOT your friends. Smith is predatory and will do everything in his power to keep you poor and throw you under the bus at every turn.

MondayLates

Well I'm hoping for the 6% lol, 3 is going to be like nothing.

Just to give you some idea, here is my recent raise history as best as I can remember: last year was 2%, year before that was 2%, year before that was nothing, year before that was 3%, year before that was nothing, year before that was 4%...from there I can't remember. My point is that raises come totally at the company's whim so there is no wage growth. The new pay scheme is the third one we've seen in 10 years. So we all feel your pain that 3% is "like nothing."

Question. I'm suppose to start with the company in September. Will I be eligible for a raise or do I have to wait until next October?

The range minimum is increasing by 3%. So you will get 3%.

RTD is a good learning experience but it's still the same pay structure. RTDs make the same as swing drivers (and almost all of them work nights). FedEx Freight or UPS Freight would be more lucrative if you have a class A CDL.