60 years @ UPS

1971 Start

Hey Wily Old Vet .... I met Jim Casey way back when ...as I recall it was in 1976 , he and some of the UPS honchos came into town for a meeting so UPS catered in lunch and had people from different departments eat with them ... he was OLD then and somewhat frail but still sharp as a tack . A very interesting guy . Far as someone spending 60 plus years at UPS ...not me ...no way ... I did 31 and that was plenty for me ... guess he loves what he is doing is the only thing I can say . For the rest of you ...retirement is good , so hang in there from an old feeder dude . :)

txminer

Go Sox
Marty, good job. This month is my 24 yr. anniversary in package car I am 47 years old.I think ten more years is enough for me and if we didn't get screwed on our pension it would have been earlier.Congrat's again Marty You the Man.

wkmac

You have to admire and be amazed by this man and his work ethic. A co-worker asked about years of service awards for someone having been around this long and a quick trip to UPSer.com found the max level at 45 years. IMO when this guy retires which he hints is in about another year or so this company should not only make it a big deal but the guy gets the best Rolex money will buy and I'm finding across the board of management and hourly alike a near 100% agreement to that idea. He's worth ever penny of it IMO.

I just hope the young kids who are lucky enough to work with this man are smart enough to realize the rare chance it is in life to be around someone like this. What a mentor to all of us.

JMO

35years

Gravy route
My grandpa worked until he was 100.
He showed his great love for his family by helping in any way he could.

Some may see it as taking advantage of an older man. But real love is self sacrificing. What ever he gives to others will be richly rewarded in the next life even though that is not why he sacrifices.

It's not about how fast you can get out, how many toys you have, or even what work you do. It's about living each moment of your life in and for love...love of others and God. Living that love can mean working or not working a job. Whatever we do, it is the intention that counts.