6000 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
If he's browsing the internet and making posts on company time, he is stealing time. His defense to this issue, since I've brought it up before, is that he's a salaried employee and therefore he cannot steal time. I find this logic offensive and downright idiotic considering I've been accused of stealing time for going to the bathroom.

This logic does bring on a bit of a conundrum. Last week I started perusing this site, and I will admit, I did spend some time while at the office reading this site. Here is my dilemma. Last week I was on vacation and came into the office to complete work on an audit. So, when I was in the office reading this site, was I stealing from the company? But the company time I was stealing was actually my time I was stealing from myself to give to the company. So if I am stealing time from myself, donating it to the company, then stealing some of it back, am I still stealing?

somehow I am thinking Griff doesn't get it...

ummmmm, better be careful with this logic, if you can use it hourlies can too

UPS Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
If he's browsing the internet and making posts on company time, he is stealing time. His defense to this issue, since I've brought it up before, is that he's a salaried employee and therefore he cannot steal time. I find this logic offensive and downright idiotic considering I've been accused of stealing time for going to the bathroom.

This logic does bring on a bit of a conundrum. ...

somehow I am thinking Griff doesn't get it...

It all boils down to intent.

Unfortunately, there are folks on this site (probably just one - Wink) that have anger issues that really need to get resolved! This is a case of displaced anger. I have seen it very few times but I have seen it. An employee had an immediate dislike for me as a manager because of what I represented. When I dig to find out the problem, it stems from an issue the employee had with a previous manager or supervisor. All the anger and frustration is then focused to me. It takes time to get through the barriers that were created but it can be done. ....and then there are those that are one package shy of a full load! LOL

brownIEman

ummmmm, better be careful with this logic, if you can use it hourlies can too

Actually, no they can't. Hourlies are paid for each and every hour they are at work or "on the clock". Salaried folks are not. That is why there is much less flexible rules about how an hourly can split up their days and how they spend their time. There is a difference. There are pluses and minuses to each, there are times when it is a pain in the rear to not be compensated for each hour I work, but overall for my personality, I prefer the flexibility being salaried brings me. But the bottom line is they are different states of compensation, and it makes no since to try and apply the same logic and rules to both.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ok Tooner I know I've slept since last nite, LOL when did you change your avatar. NICE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!! I know off subject.
yes I was on way too much last night. This is Baby Doll. My husband built it for me, it is not painted yet. Im thinking a nice seafoam green. Its titled a "self assembled motorcycle", 2006 SAM, and boy was getting that title fun. I have never ridden, my husband has since he could walk. Im a little nervous. Kick start, s&s, harley motor and tranny, the rest after market. built to match his 1959 pan. I do not know the lingo. But it looks like this is the year. I was hoping to get a mini bike to practice on! hes been fine tuning to get it perfect. It likes to throw off mirrors, etc, its so fast. And now it seems we have to rubber mount the tanks. I think he told me he bored something, and stroked something, and its 119 ci. Hes not here, so I cant verify, but its way too much for me. But it should be fun. He had his in a local mc rag a few years back. I have pictures of him when we were in our teens, riding in the snow. He just loves those bikes, and thinks I will too. Wish me luck.

rod

Retired 22 years
yes I was on way too much last night. This is Baby Doll. My husband built it for me, it is not painted yet. Im thinking a nice seafoam green. Its titled a "self assembled motorcycle", 2006 SAM, and boy was getting that title fun. I have never ridden, my husband has since he could walk. Im a little nervous. Kick start, s&s, harley motor and tranny, the rest after market. built to match his 1959 pan. I do not know the lingo. But it looks like this is the year. I was hoping to get a mini bike to practice on! hes been fine tuning to get it perfect. It likes to throw off mirrors, etc, its so fast. And now it seems we have to rubber mount the tanks. I think he told me he bored something, and stroked something, and its 119 ci. Hes not here, so I cant verify, but its way too much for me. But it should be fun. He had his in a local mc rag a few years back. I have pictures of him when we were in our teens, riding in the snow. He just loves those bikes, and thinks I will too. Wish me luck.
If this is your "learner bike" you better start sleeping with one eye open. I've got a feeling he has also taken extra insurance out on you. :wink2:

UPS Lifer

Speaking of bikes, I thought you might like to see my bike. I put it together myself. I got most of my parts from Home Depot. I am pretty proud of it. The only problem that I keep having is getting splinters. I haven't quite figured out how to get rid of them yet!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Speaking of bikes, I thought you might like to see my bike. I put it together myself. I got most of my parts from Home Depot. I am pretty proud of it. The only problem that I keep having is getting splinters. I haven't quite figured out how to get rid of them yet!
What a pain in the :censored2:. You could try sanding and polishing.:bigsmile2:

over9five

Staff member

That is so cool! I hope he used some good PT!

local804

Why is it that I can only private message 1 time every 5 minutes?
Is it just me?

ANyway
Hazman man,
Up 7 games with 2 weeks left?
Sorry couldnt wait 5 minutes to answer your question
have to jet