6th day pay on Monday for Tues-Sat drivers

Terrell82

Hello!! I’ve been told different things and looking for correct answer! I am a Tuesday thru Sat full time driver! I go to work almost every Monday so I can run out of hours and not work Saturday! But my question is should I be getting 6th day pay on The Mondays I work!! Management says no but the last 2 weeks I’ve been getting paid overtime for the mondays!! So I filed a grievance to get back pay for all the other mondays I worked and hr is saying we are not paying it!! Not sure what to do!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hello!! I’ve been told different things and looking for correct answer! I am a Tuesday thru Sat full time driver! I go to work almost every Monday so I can run out of hours and not work Saturday! But my question is should I be getting 6th day pay on The Mondays I work!! Management says no but the last 2 weeks I’ve been getting paid overtime for the mondays!! So I filed a grievance to get back pay for all the other mondays I worked and hr is saying we are not paying it!! Not sure what to do!
call your local union hall and speak to your Business Agent.

Terrell82

I talked to union rep and he is saying according to the language in contract 6 day pay is if you come to work on Saturday which would be your 6th day!! So if that true why am I getting paid time and half now on Mondays!! Something not right

barnyard

KTM rider
Have you read the contract?? If your are working an unscheduled day, that is 6th day pay. You need to read the contract, find the appropriate article and write a grievance. You have one, you just need to do the work for it.

The issue could be whether you are being forced for Monday work or volunteering. If you are volunteering, then you will be out of luck.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I talked to union rep and he is saying according to the language in contract 6 day pay is if you come to work on Saturday which would be your 6th day!! So if that true why am I getting paid time and half now on Mondays!! Something not right
your rep is an idiot, what upstate said is correct

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Should of just let it go and enjoyed the extra money.

Brownslave688

You probably shouldn't be and you should of just kept your mouth shut about it.

Brownslave688

Have you read the contract?? If your are working an unscheduled day, that is 6th day pay. You need to read the contract, find the appropriate article and write a grievance. You have one, you just need to do the work for it.

The issue could be whether you are being forced for Monday work or volunteering. If you are volunteering, then you will be out of luck.
This depends on your contract. Here a 6th punch means you actually worked 6 days. Not you just worked an unscheduled day.

barnyard

KTM rider
This depends on your contract. Here a 6th punch means you actually worked 6 days. Not you just worked an unscheduled day.

That is why it is very important for the OP to actually read the contract and see if there is language that pertains to his/her situation. There is language in the contract and his been used for feeders and air drivers. In many areas, feeders are a 7 day a week operation and there is language for how unscheduled days are paid.
The out for management will be if the OP volunteers. The same thing is used for 9/5 grievances. If I am asked to help other drivers, and go over 9/5, my ability to grieve and get paid for over 9/5 is diminished. Whenever I am asked, I ALWAYS reply, "Am I being forced." A screen shot of the answer cements my over 9/5 grievance.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The contract would have to be rewritten places. Plenty of M-friend employees work Saturday and it's not automatic time and half in our local.
strictly speaking 6th punch has nothing to do with the pay rate now

6th punch ONLY refers to working on an unscheduled day, regardless of what the pay is or whether they even worked 5 days previously

Brownslave688

strictly speaking 6th punch has nothing to do with the pay rate now

6th punch ONLY refers to working on an unscheduled day, regardless of what the pay is or whether they even worked 5 days previously
6th punch has nothing to do
With pay rate.

Lol ok maybe in the IE world it doesn't

barnyard

KTM rider
The contract would have to be rewritten places. Plenty of M-friend employees work Saturday and it's not automatic time and half in our local.

It is not in mine either, particularly if it is a PT person that is a preloader and does additional work as an air driver(a different job classification.) That is not the case here. The OP is talking about a T-S bid job and is working an unscheduled day in the same classification. There is contract language on this and should be a slam dunk, as long as the OP is not volunteering for Mondays and running out of hours so not working on Saturdays.