6th day pay on Monday for Tues-Sat drivers

badpal

Not arguing with anyones opinion. But it sure seems like the rules are different from center to center on just about everything.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm M-friend bid. If I work two days, take three dead days, and volunteer for Saturday, I get time and a half for Saturday. Just how it is here.

barnyard

KTM rider
I'm M-friend bid. If I work two days, take three dead days, and volunteer for Saturday, I get time and a half for Saturday. Just how it is here.

Huh. I have done the same and received regular pay, as I volunteered to work on Saturday. When I said that I would work, the center manager even said, "You had days off this week, so it will be straight time, do you still want to work?"

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Hello!! I’ve been told different things and looking for correct answer!

There are many correct answers depending on which supplement or local.

But my question is should I be getting 6th day pay on The Mondays I work!!

What supplement?

Not in the Central.

So I filed a grievance to get back pay for all the other mondays I worked

Good move.

hr is saying we are not paying it!!

I don't care what HR says, what was the outcome of the grievance hearing?

If labor agreed to pay it, HR doesn't have a choice.

your rep is an idiot, what upstate said is correct

Not in the Central.

You probably shouldn't be and you should of just kept your mouth shut about it.

Possibly.

This depends on your contract. Here a 6th punch means you actually worked 6 days. Not you just worked an unscheduled day.

That is what the Central says.

It mentions nothing about an "unscheduled" day.

that's not what 6th punch means anymore, the definition has changed due to the Sat Ground scorecard

Wrong.

Stick to IE. Stay away from labor.

Plenty of M-friend employees work Saturday and it's not automatic time and half in our local.

It is in the Central, and many other supplements.

If they got their 40 in it the 6th day would be time and a half.

In the Central, and many others, a 6th day is time and a half, regardless of reaching 40 hours or not.

strictly speaking 6th punch has nothing to do with the pay rate now

Yes it does.

Again, stick to IE. Let the big boys deal with labor and contractual language.

6th punch ONLY refers to working on an unscheduled day, regardless of what the pay is or whether they even worked 5 days previously

The Central, and many other supplements, does not even refer to an "unscheduled" day.

On second thought, why don't you go into labor. We'd win everything.

The OP is talking about a T-S bid job and is working an unscheduled day in the same classification. There is contract language on this and should be a slam dunk

There is no contract language covering this in the Central, and many others.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Huh. I have done the same and received regular pay, as I volunteered to work on Saturday. When I said that I would work, the center manager even said, "You had days off this week, so it will be straight time, do you still want to work?"
I didnt believe it. Someone told me it was that way here and it is. It makes it more palatable for the Saturday guys when they ask them in on Monday too.

542thruNthru

In 542 we have tons of guys that work Monday when they are T-S. They are not paid time and 1/2.

We also have the same thing as @MyTripisCut when it comes to a M-friend fulltime driver working Saturday. It was pointed out to everyone by our Steward. Our center manager was not happy about it. He was under the impression that if he gave a driver a day off during the week he didn't have to pay time and 1/2.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In 542 we have tons of guys that work Monday when they are T-S. They are not paid time and 1/2.

We also have the same thing as @MyTripisCut when it comes to a M-friend fulltime driver working Saturday. It was pointed out to everyone by our Steward. Our center manager was not happy about it. He was under the impression that if he gave a driver a day off during the week he didn't have to pay time and 1/2.

Your center manager was correct.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It should be straight time.

Incorrect.

I will not look through them all, but here is just one example showing that you are wrong.

Northern California
Supplemental Agreement

ARTICLE 22 - HOURS OF WORK

SECTION 3 - OVERTIME

The overtime rate shall be one and one half (1 1/2) times the regular
straight time rate.
However, the rate of double (2) time shall be paid
for all work performed on Sundays. The overtime rate shall be paid
for all hours worked:

(a) Before the employee’s regular starting time or after the employee’s
regular quitting time;

(b) In excess of eight (8) hours in any workday;