6th day punch seniority in the hub.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Does someone that works preload Tuesday-Saturday that is called into help with Mondays since it’s peak season lose their seniority that day? Management is saying that since I’m not scheduled on Monday, I don’t have my seniority so I’m forced to load trucks and leave last since it’s considered extra work whereas I normally have a ton of seniority in preload doing other jobs in the hub. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
play the game union brother , since seniority doesn’t matter then act like a new hire, go slow as dirt and laugh in your supervisors face

RealPerson

You're coming in for extra work. You can not bump someone on their regularly scheduled day off of their preferred job. Call your BA is the best advice.

But....

You're a T-S worker and you are working on your 7th day.
View attachment 272943

Make sure they are paying you. We just went to panel over this in 542 and won.

You mean 6th day, correct??? 7 days is Every day of the week, and this person is NOT working Sundays...
M=1 T=2 W=3 T=4 friend=5 S=6 ... Consecutive Working days.....

542thruNthru

You mean 6th day, correct??? 7 days is Every day of the week, and this person is NOT working Sundays...
M=1 T=2 W=3 T=4 friend=5 S=6 ... Consecutive Working days.....

Nope I mean 7th day. He is a T-S worker. T=1 W=2 T=3 friend=4 S=5 S=6 M=7

Our language does not say 7th punch or "providing the employee worked or recieved paid time for the previous 6 consecutive days prior to the 7th day"

This was won at panel about 3 weeks ago.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Nope I mean 7th day. He is a T-S worker. T=1 W=2 T=3 friend=4 S=5 S=6 M=7

Our language does not say 7th punch or "providing the employee worked or recieved paid time for the previous 6 consecutive days prior to the 7th day"

This was won at panel about 3 weeks ago.
Well, hell yeah!!!

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
You're coming in for extra work. You can not bump someone on their regularly scheduled day off of their preferred job. Call your BA is the best advice.

But....

You're a T-S worker and you are working on your 7th day.
View attachment 272943

Make sure they are paying you. We just went to panel over this in 542 and won.
Jeez, someone really screwed that up. Guarantee that wording won’t be in the next contract.