70 Hour Rule

M

MenInBrown

Screw them. If I get 55+ hours M-Th, see you Monday. I will call in every Friday of peak.

Inthegame

Actually they cherry picked only previously released highlights to fit their agenda.
Hmmm...so when no info is released, the IBT has a secret plot. When info is released, they have a hidden agenda.
Yet every word of the contracts will be available to every member for review and vote.
You aren't voting "yes" no matter what is presented.
And tell me again who has the "agenda"?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hmmm...so when no info is released, the IBT has a secret plot. When info is released, they have a hidden agenda.
Yet every word of the contracts will be available to every member for review and vote.
The Company and the Union, you know, the ones still holding their cards (actually they are our cards) close to their chest in the wake of a "handshake agreement".

Every day that goes by, with each little tidbit of piecemeal information released, the more suspicious the members get, and the more spin asserted and the more traction gained by the Vote No zealots.

Like it or not, this isn't the 1950's anymore, it's 2018.....the age of free-flowing information and instant gratification.
That isn't going to change.

Antiquated, outdated thinking almost cost the "Old Guard" their entire stronghold in the last General Election and are about 3 years from extinction now....if they don't wake up.

Last edited:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
My agenda is to get a strong contract for our members. You seem to be fighting for ups

twoweeled

70 Hour workweek!
Maybe I missed it, but does the tentative contract address it? Rumor going around our building is that it's at Ups discretion when it can be used.
The 70 hour rule came and went, in Feeder. So did the 60 hour rule. Which alternated with the 62 1/3 rule. LOL! It's the truth! They'll let you know what the firm rule of forever is ,,,,,,,,,everyday as it changes!

Inthegame

My agenda is to get a strong contract for our members. You seem to be fighting for ups
Because I point out your inconsistencies, I'm a company hack. You're funny.

I know lots of folks fighting for a strong contract for our members. They also fight year round enforcing that contract; day, night and even weekends. Most of these folks were elected to represent members in negotiations, because they earned the trust of their members. I don't hear them disparaging others they don't know. Why do you feel that need?

You're a little too quick to criticize people you don't know and their motives. What does that say about you?

Inthegame

Every day that goes by, with each little tidbit of piecemeal information released, the more suspicious the members get, and the more spin asserted and the more traction gained by the Vote No zealots.
Anyone following Vote No zealots are already "out there" so there's no loss. Any logical clear thinking member also sees through the "spin".
You're more interested than most so I understand your impatience, but you're the exception, not the rule.