70 Hour Rule

UpsBubba

70 Hour workweek!
Maybe I missed it, but does the tentative contract address it? Rumor going around our building is that it's at Ups discretion when it can be used.

Rack em

Made the Podium
70 Hour workweek!
Maybe I missed it, but does the tentative contract address it? Rumor going around our building is that it's at Ups discretion when it can be used.
Ups can blow me, if they try forcing that garbage year round then my production will drop DRASTICALLY so I can safely complete the week.

542thruNthru

70 Hour workweek!

What I've been told is they can use it for "acts of god". But that act of god could be a storm on the east coast and they need you on the west to work 70 to "clear the system".

Also after 60hrs it's double time.

Tony Q

70 Hour workweek!
For some reason they thought it was going to be a good idea to put out the news of a tentative agreement and only talk about 5 things that are on this agreement. I think this was a colossal mishap, and they are paying with it from getting pounded by the membership. The 70 our stuff will be addressed.

DirtySouth

What I've been told is they can use it for "acts of god". But that act of god could be a storm on the east coast and they need you on the west to work 70 to "clear the system".

Also after 60hrs it's double time.

Didn't hear anything about an act of God provision, but double time over 60 will be in the TA.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
For some reason they thought it was going to be a good idea to put out the news of a tentative agreement and only talk about 5 things that are on this agreement. I think this was a colossal mishap, and they are paying with it from getting pounded by the membership. The 70 our stuff will be addressed.
Hey they still can release more details. No one is stopping them.

over9five

Staff member
70 Hour workweek!
It already IS at UPS's discretion.
They can make you all 70 hour drivers, some of you 70, some 60. Really whatever they want. They can do it for all of the year, some of the year...
Any change would have to be contractual, because it's completely legal.

Indecisi0n

70 Hour workweek!
Like my fellow moderator mentioned its already in our current contract. The 70 was intended for feeder drivers only but there isn't any language that limits it uses which is why UPS started abusing it and using it on package car guys.

This is a good example of why you don't want contracts to go on for too many years. If UPS discovered this the year of the last contract then they could abuse its wording (or lack there of) and work delivery drivers 70 hours for the remainder of the 5 years of that contract.

542thruNthru

Like my fellow moderator mentioned its already in our current contract. The 70 was intended for feeder drivers only but there isn't any language that limits it uses which is why UPS started abusing it and using it on package car guys.

This is a good example of why you don't want contracts to go on for too many years. If UPS discovered this the year of the last contract then they could abuse its wording (or lack there of) and work delivery drivers 70 hours for the remainder of the 5 years of that contract.

Oh you poor mistaken handsome mod. The 70 hour rule was never in our contract. It's a DOT thing.

What we needed was language to prohibit UPS from using it.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
What we need is language to prohibit UPS from abusing it. Its going to happen every peak at least from now on since they got a taste already.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It already IS at UPS's discretion.
They can make you all 70 hour drivers, some of you 70, some 60. Really whatever they want. They can do it for all of the year, some of the year...
Any change would have to be contractual, because it's completely legal.
That’s why 9.5 is so important. Get on it ASAP if 70 isn’t addressed?

542thruNthru

I was confused ! The 70 hour rule in my mind was also meant for feeder drivers but I guess since its a DOT thing its for all truck drivers. It should have been addressed in our contract that the 70 rule is not to be used on package car guys.

llmZp6fCVb4ju.gif

I'm so proud of you!