70 hours approved Norcal local 150

Heavy Package

Suppose you volunteer for the extra work and the others in your loop don't. Are you then expected to bail them out after you clean your route and they need help?

You would have to work as directed. Here we get a DIAD message every day stating we can not return to the building until we contact a supervisor. Around 6 or 7 pm they start sending messages to drivers telling them who they have to help once they are finished.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Doesn't matter to me because I will not be working Saturday. I can't wait to no call no show.[/needing?

My center manager is begging us to work Saturday. Its pretty hilarious. They put up a sign up sheet for it Monday and so far the only person that signed up is named LOL. Ive never met him but ups sure appreciates his dedication

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
27C7CD55-0716-44C7-8212-81E9E51EFEE7.jpeg

What'dyabringmetoday???

You would have to work as directed. Here we get a DIAD message every day stating we can not return to the building until we contact a supervisor. Around 6 or 7 pm they start sending messages to drivers telling them who they have to help once they are finished.
The Great UpstateNYUPSer would have a very one-sided conversation with the OMS, ORS, center manager, DM and any other acronym you can think up. Lol.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
Lets say your out of hours this Friday. They tell you you got to stay out. It’s still WAD since you’re not going to violate dot and you got to stay out and file later correct?

How do they think this is going to remain voluntary?

Lets say your out of hours this Friday. They tell you you got to stay out. It’s still WAD since you’re not going to violate dot and you got to stay out and file later correct?

Most places have the 70-hour rule in effect but they can't force you to work over 60

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

“I don’t feel safe working over 60 hours”

And bring it back

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Trying to kill us before we can get our pension and/or shortly after....retire at 55.... tip over at 56!

Our bodies in package just can't take 9+ months of 60-70 work weeks as a hard laborer. Especially family folks. Get kids up & fed or play time before bed.

IT jobs for single folks in offices might not do much to your longevity. For the working family man or woman. Like a death sentence!

542thruNthru

Good point.

You should always work as directed and file later. Though you may be extremely fatigued. I think this is more for forcing the 6th day over 60 hours.