70 hours approved Norcal local 150

542thruNthru

Lets say your out of hours this Friday. They tell you you got to stay out. It’s still WAD since you’re not going to violate dot and you got to stay out and file later correct?

How do they think this is going to remain voluntary?

Clarification from the IBT today. No driver under any circumstances shall be forced to work over 60. This includes finishing your route on Friday or Saturday.

542thruNthru

I don’t mind working the 70 hours. I just wonder about the “under no circumstances” has any real teeth. Not working as directed seems to blanket over everything else the union says in the short term.

Its been agreed to by the company and union. Let them fire me. I'll get back pay after the labor manager tells my center manager he's wrong.

El Correcto

god is dead
Its been agreed to by the company and union. Let them fire me. I'll get back pay after the labor manager tells my center manager he's wrong.
That’s good to hear. Like I said, I planned on working 70 once they enacted it. I just hope it stays this way for the ones who want to go home and play daddy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sometimes you just have to have the stones to stand up to management. :)
Yep. Couple times I’ve finished my day and they told me I have to go back out after I get back to the center. Nope I’m going home.

Screaming at me at the top of their lungs. You’re fired if you don’t work as directed. File on me I don’t care but you have to do what I tell you.

nope. Have a nice night. Goodbye.

and nothing has ever happened.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
81AD6E1B-B6F6-4480-A471-E7E205045673.jpeg

542thruNthru

Management is already saying 14 hours for today for everyone can’t instruct us to be here tomorrow. Lmao.

We have some guys with 8 hours left today. Management is freaking out because the drivers are saying they will not do over 60.

Management "you realize you'll just have it Monday right!"

Yep, don't care. Lol

542thruNthru

I swear this is the stuff I live for at this job... all year round management likes to throw their weight around and when it gets flipped on them. Suddenly its begging and pleading lol.

Oh please Mr. Driver we are barely keeping are heads above water.. we can't do this without you. I'm sorry I was a :censored2: yesterday. I promise i'll never do it again...

The answer is still "No". :)

El Correcto

god is dead
I swear this is the stuff I live for at this job... all year round management likes to throw their weight around and when it gets flipped on them. Suddenly its begging and pleading lol.

Oh please Mr. Driver we are barely keeping are heads above water.. we can't do this without you. I'm sorry I was a :censored2: yesterday. I promise i'll never do it again...

The answer is still "No". :)
Damn baby save some of that enthusiasm for the balls.

Est.1998

We have some guys with 8 hours left today. Management is freaking out because the drivers are saying they will not do over 60.

Management "you realize you'll just have it Monday right!"

Yep, don't care. Lol
The way it's going, we can work 7 days a week and the volume will remain high.
There's no remedy aside from initiating driver helpers, PVD's, and hiring new drivers which means rentals because we don't have the pc's.
So, UPS should be worrying about how to keep us uninjured and somewhat happy vs burnt out and eventually falling off one by one.