705 and 710 working together!

babboo25

Banned
According to our 710 Business Agent, our contract will be finished by thursday. Basically the same as the national, including raises. Just doesnt make any sense as to why 705 cant get it together. The rest of the nation gets 70 cents but 705 wants $1.00?

705red

Browncafe Steward
According to our 710 Business Agent, our contract will be finished by thursday. Basically the same as the national, including raises. Just doesnt make any sense as to why 705 cant get it together. The rest of the nation gets 70 cents but 705 wants $1.00?
Snapper, i have asked you this before, what did you ask for in your first proposal? What did the international ask for? Do you know that the international asked for more? Yes and even you asked for a dollar in 710.

I can almost promise you that 710 will not settle until 705 settles. They will wait to see what we get. They might not strike, they might work under an extension but they will not settle.

Bloodybrown

Snapper, i have asked you this before, what did you ask for in your first proposal? What did the international ask for? Do you know that the international asked for more? Yes and even you asked for a dollar in 710.

I can almost promise you that 710 will not settle until 705 settles. They will wait to see what we get. They might not strike, they might work under an extension but they will not settle.

Red are you saying that 710 may continue working if 705 strikes??....Where's the solidarity there?....what about the other locls that say they stand behind you??....will they if 710 will not??

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red are you saying that 710 may continue working if 705 strikes??....Where's the solidarity there?....what about the other locls that say they stand behind you??....will they if 710 will not??
710 has not taken a strike vote as we all know from reading all of these posts. Ok you still following me?

My opinion is that 710 will grant an extension to see how we do before they sign their contract. You still with me?

Now show me were i said that 710 would cross any pickets that were put up by 705?

I guess you will have to wait until friday to see how much support we have.

tieguy

Banned

Red ,

the man says his BA told him it will probably be settled by thursday. what could you possibly tell him that make him believe you over his BA?

What does it matter what the initial requests were for? Isn't the final offer the only thing that counts?

Bloodybrown

710 has not taken a strike vote as we all know from reading all of these posts. Ok you still following me?

My opinion is that 710 will grant an extension to see how we do before they sign their contract. You still with me?

Now show me were i said that 710 would cross any pickets that were put up by 705?

I guess you will have to wait until friday to see how much support we have.
Guess so...can,t wait.....I hope they send me if it happens, but I hope it doesn't.......it will be bad for all, if you guys do it !....but I have a funny feeling you will........that's what you want, isn't it?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Guess so...can,t wait.....I hope they send me if it happens, but I hope it doesn't.......it will be bad for all, if you guys do it !....but I have a funny feeling you will........that's what you want, isn't it?
Of course we dont want to strike, we all will lose. But the company also needs to realize that they are alot to blame on this. We will see what happens tommorrow and if ups has a sense of urgecy. Now the ball is in ups's hands.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red ,

the man says his BA told him it will probably be settled by thursday. what could you possibly tell him that make him believe you over his BA?

What does it matter what the initial requests were for? Isn't the final offer the only thing that counts?
Because you have even said we were asking for to much by asking for a buck.

Tie lets make a little wager, 710 will not sign before august 1st?

tieguy

Banned
Of course we dont want to strike, we all will lose. But the company also needs to realize that they are alot to blame on this. We will see what happens tommorrow and if ups has a sense of urgecy. Now the ball is in ups's hands.

Red,

Honestly you come across as someone hoping and praying for a strike.

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
well on my personal belief this strike is coming a year late. about a year ago us(705) gave the company a 72 hour notice to strike over ups. Why, because of all the supervisors working grievances that the company wouldn't hear also discipline grievances the company wouldn't hear. They(UPS) just walked out on the hearings.. now the funny thing is UPS didn't even bring up economic until after the strike vote. we are striking not for money but for the last few years of management treating us like slaves. Its horrible some days here at addison. the amount of grievances daily at just our one hub is astounding. its sad why cant ups honor the current contract. now tieguy i know your going to flame and troll this post. seeing as your management I wouldn't expect anything less. so tomorrow when you send one of your hourlies home and have a supervisor do his work then you'll understand why were are truly striking. also why did you become management, couldn't do our work because it was to hard? and don't say say it was because of money else we as hourlies are not getting paid enough for our hard work. local 705 will never be lap dogs of ups and never intimidated by management hence why management here is northern Illinois hates us. now if the rest of the country could just file grievances when they see them then is would be a good company to work for because the company would take the union seriously. This is what a union does guys if the company and the union does not agree the union strikes or the company locks out. this last part is to the whiners of this grow a pair against UPS.:wink2::happy-very:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
THELUS

It's a good thing you don't work in management !!!!

Most go to college and are able to write in legible paragraphs.

Your post looks like a road-killed skunk. I honestly can't even see periods.

what are you saying. that UPS negotiated in good faith with 710 but not with 705?
Well when UPS offers the 710 what the national got and the offers 705 less than half I call that a "no". Plus today they go "we`ll give you the same pay as national but we want you to accept the b.s. language concessions,I call taht a "no".