705 and 710 working together!

Bloodybrown

Well when UPS offers the 710 what the national got and the offers 705 less than half I call that a "no". Plus today they go "we`ll give you the same pay as national but we want you to accept the b.s. language concessions,I call taht a "no".
CACH are you saying they are offering you the same contract as the national? or are there concessions that the national did not agree to that they are offering??

CACH are you saying they are offering you the same contract as the national? or are there concessions that the national did not agree to that they are offering??
Sorry typed too fast. What they are offering was the same pay with 705 only concessions such as the any 5 in 7 workweek,comp-fmla loss of seniority among others. The last info I got was they agreed to meet again tomorrow.

babboo25

Banned
Where is 705 Red now? I will bet him a cold frosty one that 705 will shake hands with UPS before thursday. They dont have a leg to stand on now that 710 has agreed.

babboo25

Banned
If 705 decides to walk, the national higher-ups will step in. How would it look to the rest of the teamsters in other locals if 705 got a better contract.

if 705 decides to walk, the national higher-ups will step in. How would it look to the rest of the teamsters in other locals if 705 got a better contract.

for the hard of hearing: We are trying to get the the same contract not a better one. We are also trying to not get screwed on the language. Thank you for you support.

Capt_Matt

ADDIL
According to UPSers web site. Of course this basically all of management website.
UPS and Teamsters Local 710 Reach Handshake Agreement

handshake%201.jpg

UPS announced that the company and Teamsters negotiators have reached a tentative agreement on a new five-year contract.

UPS and the Teamsters Local Union 710 reached a handshake agreement on a new five-year contract, which takes effect August 1, 2008 and runs through July 31, 2013.

The agreement is being presented to UPS employees with the endorsement of UPS and Teamster Local Union 710 leadership. Eligible UPSers will vote on ratification of the new agreement in the coming weeks.

The new contract is good for UPS people and its customers. It gives UPS the flexibility it needs to continue providing the best service in the industry at competitive rates.

Details of the agreement will be posted as they become available.
UPS continues to negotiate with the remaining union in the Chicago area, Local Union 705, and are committed to reaching an agreement as quickly as possible.
More than 220,000 UPS Teamsters are already covered under the National Master Agreement, and therefore these negotiations do not affect those employees or any packages they handle.

705red

Browncafe Steward
someone owes me a cold one.:happy-very:
I do believe our bet was 710 wouldnt sign by auguast 1st. Now if you want all this legal mumbo jumbo they are still not signed until the members vote on it, its only a handshake. But i will get you a beer.

Where is 705 Red now? I will bet him a cold frosty one that 705 will shake hands with UPS before thursday. They dont have a leg to stand on now that 710 has agreed.

Looks like you owe me a beer since we agreed on thursday not before thursday. 710 signing does not affect us and did not weaken our position. I also heard you know have ptime package car drivers, hope thats not true for, but if it is who signed to early?
If 705 decides to walk, the national higher-ups will step in. How would it look to the rest of the teamsters in other locals if 705 got a better contract.

News flash our language is better than the nationals now! Open foot insert mouth and keep repeating to you have a clue.

tieguy

Banned
I can almost promise you that 710 will not settle until 705 settles. They will wait to see what we get. They might not strike, they might work under an extension but they will not settle.

My opinion is that 710 will grant an extension to see how we do before they sign their contract. You still with me?

Tie lets make a little wager, 710 will not sign before august 1st?

I do believe our bet was 710 wouldnt sign by auguast 1st. Now if you want all this legal mumbo jumbo they are still not signed until the members vote on it, its only a handshake. But i will get you a beer.

ho hum.

tieguy

Banned
News flash our language is better than the nationals now! Open foot insert mouth and keep repeating to you have a clue.

Absolutely you the man. Best contract ever. Hurry up and vote it in Red.

Now put the rubber gun away, change your pants and mop the floor.