75 and still going

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Can you imagine how this company would be if the VP's had this outlook on life?

Here's the real deal. This poor old guy has to keep working at 75 because he cannot afford to retire from FedEx. He's on Fred's Work Until You're Dead program (WUYD), also known as the Piss-Poor Pension Plan.

overflowed

Here's the real deal. This poor old guy has to keep working at 75 because he cannot afford to retire from FedEx. He's on Fred's Work Until You're Dead program (WUYD), also known as the Piss-Poor Pension Plan.
I've seen a bunch of people retire only to return in a few months.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I've seen a bunch of people retire only to return in a few months.
That's disheartening. Fortunately I've not personally experienced that. Everyone I've known who has departed this garbage scow has never looked back.

The sad thing for anyone who does return, is that the company isn't going to compensate them for their years of experience, they're simply going to say "hello Mr./Ms. NEWHIRE - welcome to FedEx!" They will, however, expect yeoman's performance from them right out of the starting gate.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That's disheartening. Fortunately I've not personally experienced that. Everyone I've known who has departed this garbage scow has never looked back.

The sad thing for anyone who does return, is that the company isn't going to compensate them for their years of experience, they're simply going to say "hello Mr./Ms. NEWHIRE - welcome to FedEx!" They will, however, expect yeoman's performance from them right out of the starting gate.

What's also sad is, if you step down to CSA or handler and after two years you decide to go back to being a courier, you will NOT be put back at top pay no matter how long you previously were at top pay. Yet another way to screw over the hourlies.