8.6 to 8.2 planned day update

PT Car Washer

Back when I started...
8.2-8.3 day was the standard
Around 1990 it went to 8.7
By 2000 it was 9.2
By 2015 it was 9.7 avg planned day for the entire center.

You guys are finally seeing the job I originally signed up for. Off the clock most days in 7.5 hours when I was a young runner. And we never worked over 12 even at peak.

Real limits on forced OT should have been addressed in the contract.
Disposable labor is what you sign up for now.

CalDrvr06

I'm all for lighter days. But I'm not going to run/drive unsafe/skip meals and breaks to get off in 8 or 8.5hrs. And with Orion that's what management wants. And I'm not gonna do it

CalDrvr06

The younger route burners that's still live at hm, and or play video games dnt mind running and being off early killing there route. That puts pressure on us "normal" guys that go thru the motions of a normal day and suddenly were under the eye of over allowed managment

CalDrvr06

My bid route is a training route:
Young guy on my route ran every day skipped his meals killing the route by over a hr every day. Got so bad p/u called in saying he's coming to early. Managment even instructed him to take his lunch and breaks the last week big woop!. I get it hes on his probation. But now they want us in early and there pulling me aside and comparing me to him saying if he can do why aren't I. B.s.

CalDrvr06

They pit us against each other and we dnt even realise it. If everyone was on the same page we would be better off. Sry for the rant lol. Respect

35years

Gravy route
Don't worry about the numbers.
You are the professional.
Your managers are just scared little rabbits that try to push people around so they can get ahead.
Don't give in to their mind games.
Do your job and be at peace that their numbers mean nothing.

CalDrvr06

I have talked to alot of older drivers and they keep telling me UPS always goes thru phases. Quirks and kinks they like to do. They say this will pass. So ima jus work safe. Deliver my air. Do my P/u and take my breaks and lunches and keep it moving.

Over disciplined0123

Waiting to see what happens with this lower paid day. Yes the shuttles have stopped here finally after months of driving out of our way. Air is still late as you said, it appears they are having trouble with the scanning due to too many newbies walking around in a daze and scanning some packages but not all of them. We have been leaving later but with maybe 5 to 6 air stops since dispatch is spreading the air to the unusual amount of split cars.This lower paid day campaign relates to the contract (yes vote) they are showing us that they can control the volume since I found out last night that trailers on the yard right now are planned for next weeks dispatch. Its been peak season all year since they didn't run extra routes. IMO they made quite a nest egg and are using it now to pay for all these new people. The OR is not a good tool at all to determine a planned day. How can it be with too many e regs and no time study done in well cant remember the last one.
I’m sure only temporary. Trust me