8.6 to 8.2 planned day update

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
This was the question that was asked several times in several ways at our contract union meeting. We were assured we would be guaranteed 40 hours mon -fri.
Tell them “Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?”

542thruNthru

Tell them “Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?”

that_was_awesome_tommy_boy.gif

Nice tommy boy reference :)

Did you use it because he's a :censored2: from Ohio? ;)

CalDrvr06

Here in Norcal hub, there running more cars to "even the dispatch " get the volume back in at an earlier time. Then he let it slip that our building has become a 9.5 building.

WTFm8

Rumor going around that they’re doing this in prep of a strike next week... clearing volume now ahead of time. LOL

They had 6 splits on today, usually it’s 1 or 2, and still many struggled to comply with 9.5. I was on a split then had to take 10 from a driver and also a batch of missloads. Ended up working 8:45-8:00 doing 221 stops with a 20 min lunch in there... so much for 9.5.

CalDrvr06

I jus got topped out at the end of last year. So i like my overtime. All those years of part time/2nd job paid off. Bummer i cant reap the rewards of all that OT that was thrust upon u guys all those decades. I want a boat too lol

WTFm8

I jus got topped out at the end of last year. So i like my overtime. All those years of part time/2nd job paid off. Bummer i cant reap the rewards of all that OT that was thrust upon u guys all those decades. I want a boat too lol

2 weeks short of first year done. I take the OT to get out of debt asap. Made some poor fincancial decisions over last 10 years.

542thruNthru

Don't worry. It won't last long and you'll get all your OT back.

CalDrvr06

My opinion here, but the overtime is what makes this job worth it here in California. If we got strictly 8 or 8.5hrs. After union dues ur looking at another 1200$ shaved off. That's about 75k a year. It's easy to say u dnt want it when u been getting it the last 20+ years. Respect.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Rumor going around that they’re doing this in prep of a strike next week... clearing volume now ahead of time. LOL

They had 6 splits on today, usually it’s 1 or 2, and still many struggled to comply with 9.5. I was on a split then had to take 10 from a driver and also a batch of missloads. Ended up working 8:45-8:00 doing 221 stops with a 20 min lunch in there... so much for 9.5.

lol we've got 5 guys laid off this week and I've still been offered a dead day every single day.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
My opinion here, but the overtime is what makes this job worth it here in California. If we got strictly 8 or 8.5hrs. After union dues ur looking at another 1200$ shaved off. That's about 75k a year. It's easy to say u dnt want it when u been getting it the last 20+ years. Respect.
Bingo.....was talking to an on car last night about this very topic. Like us he agreed that he never saw this coming. They’ve not been told of any specific name to this operation but what’s being allowed today by IE never seemed possible in the past.

tacken

My attention was captured by your statement of “top of pay scale is a very nice living”. I too am on the west coast. The Bay Area to be precise, and to be at just the 115K poverty line we’d need to make $57 an hour. This isn’t antidotal it’s factual. So now you can see my point.
Yes

Vacation

Bingo.....was talking to an on car last night about this very topic. Like us he agreed that he never saw this coming. They’ve not been told of any specific name to this operation but what’s being allowed today by IE never seemed possible in the past.

Not true. Before the recession splits ran every day but Monday and if you wanted you could be out in less than 8 hours. To be fair we didn’t have power steering or automatic cars either.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Not true. Before the recession splits ran every day but Monday and if you wanted you could be out in less than 8 hours. To be fair we didn’t have power steering or automatic cars either.
Not sure but I’m out of the San Jose building. Haven’t seen post Christmas lay-offs since before 2000 and as far as the recession.....there was a bump but barley noticeable. We’ve not seen things like this in my neck of the woods for a long time.