8 hour guarantee?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I have just over and hour of DOT time left for the week and was told I am needed tomorrow. Can I file for my 8 hour gaurentee or do I have to have hours left to work to file?

tourists24

So I have just over and hour of DOT time left for the week and was told I am needed tomorrow. Can I file for my 8 hour gaurentee or do I have to have hours left to work to file?
did they tell you exactly why you were needed with only one hour left? I would absolutely demand my 8. They will have to find some car wash work or something

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was under the impression once I was out of hours I couldn't do any work or is it just that I can't drive anymore?

tourists24

Im not sure sure of the DOT laws in this case,,, but I do know that if they are requiring you to come in then they are obligated to pay you 8 hours per contract

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I was under the impression once I was out of hours I couldn't do any work or is it just that I can't drive anymore?

You just can't drive (off the property/on the public roads). (And are you including your unpaid lunch breaks? I'm fairly certain that time doesn't count towards the 60 hour/7 day limit, only the 14 hour daily limit.)

over9five

Staff member
You just can't drive (off the property/on the public roads). (And are you including your unpaid lunch breaks? I'm fairly certain that time doesn't count towards the 60 hour/7 day limit, only the 14 hour daily limit.)

Correct.

I remember one Saturday Christmas Eve they forced everyone in. Those with hours left drove, and those with no hours left were driver helpers.

You're guaranteed 8 if you want it.