8 hour guarentee

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UPWes, Sep 6, 2019.

1. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Have tested it many times. Thanks for the laugh though. You're a great addition to this site with your classic form of comedy. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Don't discriminate against blind preloaders

So we must work as directed even while off the clock, and unpaid?
    So a supervisor could direct me to go mow his lawn this weekend?

3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The op could have been terminated for job abandonment. He hadn’t finished his workday

4. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Don't discriminate against blind preloaders

The quote I was referring to was about terminations for failure to punch back in. @BestSupEver was saying that, as a sweeping statement, they can force punched out workers to clock back in.

Not referring to OP. Sounds like a runner gunner trying to cheat the system for free money.

5. babboo25

babboo25 Well-Known Member

Lol WHAT??? He finished his route, punched out, WORKDAY OVER!!!

6. 542thruNthru

That's debatable. He finished the route he was put on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Brownslave688

It’s a Grey area. The official ruling here is if you’ve finished your workday they can’t send you back out. That’s 8 hours of work with your full hour of work taken.

If you’ve worked under 8 or didn’t take your full break then you gotta WAD

8. Brownslave688

Here under 8 is not considered workday over.

9. Brownslave688

Yeah it’s a gray area and probably depends mostly on your local

10. Brownslave688

Right. As a sweeping statement that is absolutely not true.

I’ve been told I was fired for clocking out after returning on more than 1 occasion and never missed a day of work lol

11. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

I've finished under 8, no green light, drop call tags/sdn's/dvir/diad, punch out and paid 8 ; several times. If oms or sups don't communicate anything, that's their fault.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. 542thruNthru

I've walked out after 3 hours. Was chased down told "I didn't tell you that you could clock out!" I said "name one time that you've ever told me I can clock out." Then walked out.

Had a time they called me as I was about to go through security. Just said "yeah sorry can't do it." And hung up.

That's just a few times out of many.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Brownslave688

Where did I ever say you couldn’t be paid for your 8?

We all know it’s different everywhere. In my local you’re gonna have to ask for your 8. The union tells us here the onus is on us to inform the company we want 8 hours

14. Brownslave688

And here that would get you fired and you’d at least be going to panel if you didn’t agree to a suspension.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Here you are supposed to send a message when done before you head in. If they tell you to do something else work as directed. After you get back to the building you can't be forced to go back out (unless they tell you before hand). I think they could make you do other work inside the building like sweeping trailers if you got back really early and were being a pain in the butt about it though.

16. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

I always love these "supposed sups" posting on BC thinking they know what they are talking about.

Maybe yoh should change your name to @DumbestSupEver.

Central Region Supplement

Article 19

Section 6

Drivers shall not be disciplined for refusing to go back out on the street once they have returned to the building, after having completed their full day’s work.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. 542thruNthru

Now full days work... does that mean 8 hours or when you finished what you were sent out with?

18. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

exactly.

this debate goes in circles depending upon past practice and local supplements. Here ** If you have informed mgmt you have finished work, the ball is in their court to decide whether or not to work you more. If they say come back in, and I'm back at the building, punched out before 8, after having done my due diligence; too bad. I am not punching back in (lol) and I demand the guarantee.

Now I know that people game the system, or at least try to. The above is not.

19. Brownslave688

Full days work is where some locals may differ.

688 sees that as 8 hours of work and full lunch taken

20. Poop Head

Poop Head Troll

We got language saying that once you are back on property, you CANNOT be sent back out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List