8 hour guarentee

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Like I said before, I can't control what goes on across the country. But I've terminated people for this(none of them got their job back.)

And thanks @542thruNthru , even though it's not comedy, I enjoy coming on here and making fun of all ya hourlys. At least you're the only one have done it on a post. Everyone else is scared and in my inbox saying how much they like me hahaha

So we must work as directed even while off the clock, and unpaid?
So a supervisor could direct me to go mow his lawn this weekend?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
The op could have been terminated for job abandonment. He hadn’t finished his workday

The quote I was referring to was about terminations for failure to punch back in. @BestSupEver was saying that, as a sweeping statement, they can force punched out workers to clock back in.

Not referring to OP. Sounds like a runner gunner trying to cheat the system for free money.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Um we can't force you to go back out? What kind of delusional information is this. If you're in the building and you're punched out... We reserve the right to make you clock back in and work. If you walk out that's job abandonment. But if you get back and the supervisor says you can go but you won't get your 8 or you can go back out and do more work get your 8 and you still walk out, you're forefitting your 8 hours, I don't care what local you're in. Don't get people fired on here.
It’s a Grey area. The official ruling here is if you’ve finished your workday they can’t send you back out. That’s 8 hours of work with your full hour of work taken.

If you’ve worked under 8 or didn’t take your full break then you gotta WAD

Brownslave688

The quote I was referring to was about terminations for failure to punch back in. @BestSupEver was saying that, as a sweeping statement, they can force punched out workers to clock back in.

Not referring to OP. Sounds like a runner gunner trying to cheat the system for free money.
Right. As a sweeping statement that is absolutely not true.

I’ve been told I was fired for clocking out after returning on more than 1 occasion and never missed a day of work lol

542thruNthru

I've finished under 8, no green light, drop call tags/sdn's/dvir/diad, punch out and paid 8 ; several times. If oms or sups don't communicate anything, that's their fault.

I've walked out after 3 hours. Was chased down told "I didn't tell you that you could clock out!" I said "name one time that you've ever told me I can clock out." Then walked out.

Had a time they called me as I was about to go through security. Just said "yeah sorry can't do it." And hung up.

That's just a few times out of many.

Brownslave688

I've finished under 8, no green light, drop call tags/sdn's/dvir/diad, punch out and paid 8 ; several times. If oms or sups don't communicate anything, that's their fault.
Where did I ever say you couldn’t be paid for your 8?

We all know it’s different everywhere. In my local you’re gonna have to ask for your 8. The union tells us here the onus is on us to inform the company we want 8 hours

Brownslave688

I've walked out after 3 hours. Was chased down told "I didn't tell you that you could clock out!" I said "name one time that you've ever told me I can clock out." Then walked out.

Had a time they called me as I was about to go through security. Just said "yeah sorry can't do it." And hung up.

That's just a few times out of many.
And here that would get you fired and you’d at least be going to panel if you didn’t agree to a suspension.

oldngray

nowhere special
It’s a Grey area. The official ruling here is if you’ve finished your workday they can’t send you back out. That’s 8 hours of work with your full hour of work taken.

If you’ve worked under 8 or didn’t take your full break then you gotta WAD
Here you are supposed to send a message when done before you head in. If they tell you to do something else work as directed. After you get back to the building you can't be forced to go back out (unless they tell you before hand). I think they could make you do other work inside the building like sweeping trailers if you got back really early and were being a pain in the butt about it though.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Um we can't force you to go back out? What kind of delusional information is this. If you're in the building and you're punched out... We reserve the right to make you clock back in and work. If you walk out that's job abandonment.

I always love these "supposed sups" posting on BC thinking they know what they are talking about.

Maybe yoh should change your name to @DumbestSupEver.

Central Region Supplement

Article 19

Section 6

Drivers shall not be disciplined for refusing to go back out on the street once they have returned to the building, after having completed their full day’s work.

542thruNthru

I always love these "supposed sups" posting on BC thinking they know what they are talking about.

Article 19

Section 6

Drivers shall not be disciplined for refusing to go back out on the street once they have returned to the building, after having completed their full day’s work.

Now full days work... does that mean 8 hours or when you finished what you were sent out with?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We all know it’s different everywhere
exactly.

this debate goes in circles depending upon past practice and local supplements. Here ** If you have informed mgmt you have finished work, the ball is in their court to decide whether or not to work you more. If they say come back in, and I'm back at the building, punched out before 8, after having done my due diligence; too bad. I am not punching back in (lol) and I demand the guarantee.

Now I know that people game the system, or at least try to. The above is not.

Brownslave688

Article 19

Section 6

Full days work is where some locals may differ.

688 sees that as 8 hours of work and full lunch taken

Poop Head

Judge me.
Um we can't force you to go back out? What kind of delusional information is this. If you're in the building and you're punched out... We reserve the right to make you clock back in and work. If you walk out that's job abandonment. But if you get back and the supervisor says you can go but you won't get your 8 or you can go back out and do more work get your 8 and you still walk out, you're forefitting your 8 hours, I don't care what local you're in. Don't get people fired on here.
We got language saying that once you are back on property, you CANNOT be sent back out.