8 hour guarentee

oldngray

nowhere special
Clock out 20 min early you’ve got an argument. Clock out after 4 hours and you’re not getting paid.

Especially when they asked you to go do more
If you are done early you check to make sure they don't want you to do something else. If its just a few minutes they often say OK, you can go. They pay you for 8 then. But if you refuse to keep working kiss that 8 hours goodbye.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The language in our rider says if you show up and are put to work you are guaranteed 8 hrs. Nothing about asking for extra work, or checking in. In the OP's case, if he were in my area, he should get his 8 hrs and a write up for failing to work as directed. Some would say he should be fired for job abandonment, but they don't know what that really means.

Even if you punched out on the board, if you expect 8 hrs of pay, you are still on the clock until you hit 8 hrs, so you follow instructions. If they release you, then you are clear.

OKLABob

Clock out 20 min early you’ve got an argument. Clock out after 4 hours and you’re not getting paid.

Especially when they asked you to go do more
I agree with that. I’d obviously ask if I could help someone and it’s never a big deal to help a fellow union brother get off early as well!

DITWAMLOM

Update. Guess who is getting paid. Stick to your salary jobs, bots.
Does anyone know what the appropriate company code is that management can break the 8 hour guarentee? I punched out well under my 8 hours today on some little junk route and as I was leaving was told to go back out. And then was told if I do not punch back in and go get more work then I'll lose my 8 hour guarentee? Any thoughts?
My guess is that you caught the Uppers not doing their jobs and now they’re trying to make it seem like it’s your fault. Those computer screens that they stare at all day, have stops completed, stops left, % of route completed and a little icon of a truck, showing exactly where you are on a map. Have they sent messages to you, in the past, instructing you to perform extra work? If so, then there you go. It’s not your job to find yourself more work. Finish a route, no messages in your board, go back to the center, get paid 8, not matter what time you clock out, unless you agree otherwise. End of story.

Dr.Brownz

If you are done early you check to make sure they don't want you to do something else. If its just a few minutes they often say OK, you can go. They pay you for 8 then. But if you refuse to keep working kiss that 8 hours goodbye.

When I come in and there are younger drivers punched out already I punch out and have gotten up to 2.5 hours of guaranteed pay.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Update. Guess who is getting paid. Stick to your salary jobs, bots.

Thank goodness you're getting paid gangsta! Maybe now you can take that extra few dollars of pay and put it towards some schooling and learn how to spell
"guarentee"

It's spelled guarantee.

babboo25

Banned
Wow you was warned that you wasn't going to get your 8 if you walked out and you still walked out expecting 8 hours of pay?..................

And if you scrolled down to see this you're just as dumb as the OP
Wrong, he punched out and was then told to go back out, here in local 710 when we punch in we are guaranteed our 8 hours, not his fault he was under dispatched and sups are too lazy to check who’s gonna he done early. They also cannot force us to go back out, so much misinformation on this site still.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
Wrong, he punched out and was then told to go back out, here in local 710 when we punch in we are guaranteed our 8 hours, not his fault he was under dispatched and sups are too lazy to check who’s gonna he done early. They also cannot force us to go back out, so much misinformation on this site still.
Um we can't force you to go back out? What kind of delusional information is this. If you're in the building and you're punched out... We reserve the right to make you clock back in and work. If you walk out that's job abandonment. But if you get back and the supervisor says you can go but you won't get your 8 or you can go back out and do more work get your 8 and you still walk out, you're forefitting your 8 hours, I don't care what local you're in. Don't get people fired on here.

542thruNthru

Um we can't force you to go back out? What kind of delusional information is this. If you're in the building and you're punched out... We reserve the right to make you clock back in and work. If you walk out that's job abandonment. But if you get back and the supervisor says you can go but you won't get your 8 or you can go back out and do more work get your 8 and you still walk out, you're forefitting your 8 hours, I don't care what local you're in. Don't get people fired on here.

Lol!!