8 hour request approved

Raw

Raw Member
The last 2 times I had approved 8 hour day I went over 8.5 hours! 2 hour penalty pay received. I may as well just request 8 hours everyday!

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yup, request your 2 per month and if you work over 8.5 hours then you get to request another one and keep raking in the penalty pay.

Indecisi0n

Yup, request your 2 per month and if you work over 8.5 hours then you get to request another one and keep raking in the penalty pay.
I did this for a long time in package . They were paying me both 9.5's and 8 hour request on the time and nobody cared.

542thruNthru

But if approved and worked over he should get that one back if he filed. At least that's how it works in my suppliment

That's how it works in our supplement, if over 30 mins you get 2 hour penalty pay and another 8 hour request as well.

It was also added to the master this contract as well. It used to be you lost it if you took the penalty.
Screenshot_20190708-195943_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

A

Article 3

3 and we bring it back to the building at 8 hours and hand them the keys if need be. Lol
In the Central it's 3 if you use your seniority to acquire the request over another hourly.

It's actually almost an unlimited amount if you dont use the same day continuously and don't bump anyone else out of a day.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In the Central it's 3 if you use your seniority to acquire the request over another hourly.

It's actually almost an unlimited amount if you dont use the same day continuously and don't bump anyone else out of a day.

Yep.

And if no one is requesting them, theoretically.... you could have one everyday.

3 and we bring it back to the building at 8 hours and hand them the keys if need be. Lol

I had a new Labor guy scoff at that.

He said.... "I wouldn't base that on some panel decision".

Uh, it was a Central Region contract interpretation.... that the company agreed with.

:biggrin:

-Bug-

oldngray

nowhere special
I actually filed on this and it went nowhere. Requested a 4th on a day that no one had requested and was denied.
You can ask for more 8 hour days but the company doesn't have to give them to you. They can do it if they want to but not something you can file on.

Too bad you aren't one of their "special" employees.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I actually filed on this and it went nowhere.

Nowhere, as far as what ?

Did you get a written decision from (your) Multi-State panel or JAC ?

Were you present @ "all steps of the grievance procedure" ?

Requested a 4th on a day that no one had requested and was denied.

The Interp is pretty clear....

After you exercise your seniority 3 times, you can't bump a junior person.

You can ask for more 8 hour days but the company doesn't have to give them to you.

That's not what the Interp says....

It doesn't place a limit on the number of 8-hrs you can be granted.

They can do it if they want to but not something you can file on.

You can always file.

Just as, the company can give you a warning letter for anything.

If @Brownslave688 had a grievance denied....

I would want to see at what stage of the grievance procedure, that happened.

-Bug-

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nowhere, as far as what ?

Did you get a written decision from (your) Multi-State panel or JAC ?

Were you present @ "all steps of the grievance procedure" ?

The Interp is pretty clear....

After you exercise your seniority 3 times, you can't bump a junior person.

That's not what the Interp says....

It doesn't place a limit on the number of 8-hrs you can be granted.

You can always file.

Just as, the company can give you a warning letter for anything.

If @Brownslave688 had a grievance denied....

I would want to see at what stage of the grievance procedure, that happened.

-Bug-
At the local stage. By a BA who had just verified the language at another center just a few months before. Basically my center manager said he didn’t think that’s how it was and it was tabled. Never to be heard about again.

I’ll revisit the issue at some point when I have the energy to argue with my BA

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
At the local stage. By a BA who had just verified the language at another center just a few months before. Basically my center manager said he didn’t think that’s how it was and it was tabled. Never to be heard about again.

I’ll revisit the issue at some point when I have the energy to argue with my BA

You didn't show up to hear your grievance....

Same old "song and dance".

-Bug-

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You didn't show up to hear your grievance....

Same old "song and dance".

-Bug-
Same old song and dance from you too. Smart ass condescending replies.

I live an hour from work. I have kids to get ready in the morning/help with at night. Sometimes hearing are in the morning. Sometimes at night. Hell sometimes they are in the middle of the day. They are in an office where 5 people is cramming them in. Unless it’s termination we are told there’s no reason to show up. Just document the facts.