8 keys lifting/loading & 5 keys to prevent slips and falls?

PCM---Prework Communication Meeting

Why does a 'prework' meeting happen mid-shift or later? Wouldn't that be better titled a MCM (mid-shift communication meeting). Why even have 'communication' in there? What exactly does UPS think people usually do at meetings?

LEADS-----

- Look before stepping (awareness),
- establish firm footing (duh, you're on your feet--normal people naturally attempt to do this with every step, why even list this?),
- adjust for changing conditions (awareness again + planning + execution),
- don't run (another duh; Sure, somebody might run, but I don't know a lot of people who run at work, could really just tell the rando who does it to stop and not do it again; handle it as a case by case basis)----walk at a brisk pace (this isn't for safety, this is for productivity (I'd say 'work/move with a sense of urgency')),
- scan the area that you are approaching (awareness again?)

Had to find things to fit the acronym I assume?

If they just had this as a blurb in an employee manual and left it for us to read or not I really wouldn't give a hoot... they want people to memorize this; people do memorize this?

------people are going to do stupid :censored2:.

Apparently... Man, I wasn't impressed before, you seriously did not help improve the situation.

I do like the 'actual' work though. I just have to pick my jaw up off the floor, so I don't trip over it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why does a 'prework' meeting happen mid-shift or later? Wouldn't that be better titled a MCM (mid-shift communication meeting). Why even have 'communication' in there? What exactly does UPS think people usually do at meetings?

- Look before stepping (awareness),
- establish firm footing (duh, you're on your feet--normal people naturally attempt to do this with every step, why even list this?),
- adjust for changing conditions (awareness again + planning + execution),
- don't run (another duh; Sure, somebody might run, but I don't know a lot of people who run at work, could really just tell the rando who does it to stop and not do it again; handle it as a case by case basis)----walk at a brisk pace (this isn't for safety, this is for productivity (I'd say 'work/move with a sense of urgency')),
- scan the area that you are approaching (awareness again?)

Had to find things to fit the acronym I assume?

If they just had this as a blurb in an employee manual and left it for us to read or not I really wouldn't give a hoot... they want people to memorize this; people do memorize this?

Apparently... Man, I wasn't impressed before, you seriously did not help improve the situation.

I do like the 'actual' work though. I just have to pick my jaw up off the floor, so I don't trip over it.

I'm sorry-----I didn't realize that I was supposed to blow sunshine up your butt.

The blunt truth is that you are seasonal and as such no one cares what you have to say or what you think as you will be gone on the 15th and forgotten by the 16th.

How come you can’t keep a job?

Why are you a troll? ... no matter, I feed trolls. So lets take this thread horribly off topic.

I was a safety captain after a month at my first job, BTW, at 18. I was assigned the position because I knew what I was doing. And that was a long time ago.

I was also a boy scout. And I studied Sports Medicine in college (3.7gpa bra). So general safety, emergency medicine, nutrition, dehydration, et cetera, are things I am damn well familiar with, to say the least.

My employers also often had me training new hires not long after I'd been hired on myself, sometimes within days. And I've been promoted a couple of times within 30 days--from trainee to shift lead equivalent.

I'm an intentionally authoritative teacher/leader, and an autodidact (if you don't know these terms, look them up).

For a time I wanted to go in to HR, because I enjoy teaching. But I get bored really really fast with sedentary work.

I'm attaching a picture I literally just took of a wall in my living room.

But you keep laughing. And you keep jumping to conclusions as necessary to justify your prejudices.

Attachments

• IMG_20191217_135304.jpg
    IMG_20191217_135304.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 194

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why are you a troll? ... no matter, I feed trolls. So lets take this thread horribly off topic.

I was a safety captain after a month at my first job, BTW, at 18. I was assigned the position because I knew what I was doing. And that was a long time ago.

I was also a boy scout. And I studied Sports Medicine in college (3.7gpa bra). So general safety, emergency medicine, nutrition, dehydration, et cetera, are things I am damn well familiar with, to say the least.

My employers also often had me training new hires not long after I'd been hired on myself, sometimes within days. And I've been promoted a couple of times within 30 days--from trainee to shift lead equivalent.

I'm an intentionally authoritative teacher/leader, and an autodidact (if you don't know these terms, look them up).

For a time I wanted to go in to HR, because I enjoy teaching. But I get bored really really fast with sedentary work.

I'm attaching a picture I literally just took of a wall in my living room.

But you keep laughing. And you keep jumping to conclusions as necessary to justify your prejudices.

Damn, you sound important

yet ,here you are throwing cardboard part time for peanuts

still like to know why you can’t keep a job

ps you should change your screen name to “safety captain “

I'm sorry-----I didn't realize that I was supposed to blow sunshine up your butt.

The blunt truth is that you are seasonal and as such no one cares what you have to say or what you think as you will be gone on the 15th and forgotten by the 16th.

Don't need no sun where it don't shine. Was just hoping things weren't as bad as first on-the-job impressions.

The bossman sat with us and talked for about an hour at orientation, and he made things sound really fantastic.

I also always had the impression UPS was a good business. I was really excited to have an opportunity to work there.

But I'm kinda in shock now after what I've found.

Seems like it might be just another :censored2: show, through and through. And I'm starting to worry that's all there is out there nowadays.

I mean seriously, seasonal or not, you don't attract quality talent by being a mediocre employer.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't need no sun where it don't shine. Was just hoping things weren't as bad as first on-the-job impressions.

The bossman sat with us and talked for about an hour at orientation, and he made things sound really fantastic.

I also always had the impression UPS was a good business. I was really excited to have an opportunity to work there.

But I'm kinda in shock now after what I've found.

Seems like it might be just another :censored2: show, through and through. And I'm starting to worry that's all there is out there nowadays.

I mean seriously, seasonal or not, you don't attract quality talent by being a mediocre employer.

UPS is one of the better employers that you will ever have a chance to work for.