80¢ raise

What are you going to do with the money?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A 457 plan is for government and non profit employees.
You can take withdrawals from your 401k at age 55 without penalty if you are retired.

Yeah, I wasn't sure off-hand what my guy set up for me after I left public service so 457 was what came to mind. Regarding 401k, I hadn't heard of early withdrawals based on work status. Guess I should look into that. Thx.

Yeah, I wasn't sure off-hand what my guy set up for me after I left public service so 457 was what came to mind. Regarding 401k, I hadn't heard of early withdrawals based on work status. Guess I should look into that. Thx.
If you are retired from your employer you can take it out at 55

It wouldn't recommend it but you can do the t.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Yes. Personal experience. I'm in progression myself and recieved both. I got my progression raise in April, then the $0.75 raise in August last year, per contract.
Screenshot_20200728-224529_Drive.jpg

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes. Personal experience. I'm in progression myself and recieved both. I got my progression raise in April, then the $0.75 raise in August last year, per contract. View attachment 304020
Yes, I'm in progression and got the raise last year
Yes you do I received my raises last year as well and in progression too.
If you were hired before this contract then yes. How far along in progression are you? I was thinking of new hires after August 2018. Thanks for the reminder!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Someone help me out. I'm stupid with math. If I'm moving a % of my check to my 401k.... why do I need to raise my % when I'm getting a raise. Shouldn't the raise already up the amount I'm putting into my 401k?

If I up it every raise I'd be well over 25% by the time this contract is over.
If you’re already maxing out you can reduce your percentage. We’ve reduced my wife’s 3% since she started I think ;)

DriverNerd

If I up it every raise I'd be well over 25% by the time this contract is over.

Yes, you would max out well before the end of the year, but that's for the best. The sooner you put the money in, the sooner it has a chance to increase in value. An extra 6 months could be thousands in retirement. After you hit your maximum for the year your checks will just be that much larger.