804 Reformers did not endorse O'Brien @ TDU Convention

PHLtroublemaker

Because people died to give everyone the right to 1.5x after 8. That seems like a good enough reason. Why not just work 40 straight for a day and 2/3?
People died for the ability to vote on contracts. Your guys continually force unwanted contracts on members. 4 10s are an excellent opportunity for those
Members who are interested. People died for the right to vote on contracts. People died to stop companies from subcontracting. Your guys let subcontracting explode and now pvds.
4 10s are GREAT
Tell the boss I want to taste the stuffing

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
People died for the ability to vote on contracts. Your guys continually force unwanted contracts on members. 4 10s are an excellent opportunity for those
Members who are interested. People died for the right to vote on contracts. People died to stop companies from subcontracting. Your guys let subcontracting explode and now pvds.
4 10s are GREAT
No wonder we have PVDs. We have saps willing to vote on zero overtime pay. You and your former friends on hog island set the standard for breaking down conditions. Nice work. Remember when you used to be a teamster?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
4 10s are GREAT

Isn't that one of the Contracts you said were so bad and you voted NO?

Because people died to give everyone the right to 1.5x after 8. That seems like a good enough reason. Why not just work 40 straight for a day and 2/3?

Literally no one died for an 8 hour day, but I'm sure the people who diligently stood together for fair treatment would appreciate your patronizing exaggeration. :censored2:.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Literally no one died for an 8 hour day, but I'm sure the people who diligently stood together for fair treatment would appreciate your patronizing exaggeration. :censored2:.
Looks like you are wrong on the fatalities involved with the 8 hr day fight:
Screenshot_20191204-005356_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191204-005247_Chrome.jpg

@wide load was correct.

Looks like you are wrong on the fatalities involved with the 8 hr day fight:
View attachment 274572
View attachment 274573
@wide load was correct.

May have been a stretch to say no one died, sure, but that was also from a time when 6 day weeks were standard. Not the first or last time I'm wrong. Also, our current workweek is based around 40 hours per week, standardized by FLSA in the 30's. However you want to break that down, 8's 10's or 12's with a kicker, what is "fair" is really subjective to individuals. Many people don't mind 10 hour days, and many of those would rather work 4 of them instead of 5 for less money and more time off. I also wouldn't go so far as to say he's right, 1.5x pay after 8 isn't standard by any stretch of the imagination.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I also wouldn't go so far as to say he's right, 1.5x pay after 8 isn't standard by any stretch of the imagination.
Many lines of work put in massive hours (ie foodservice) daily and is the nature of the beast but 1.5 x hrs after 8 should be the rule because too many times salaried workers often get screwed.
Pay based on incentives is accepted and it is what it is but to water down the right to get 50% more after 8 hrs is often hard to retrieve after that lid is off the can in a future cba imo.

Many lines of work put in massive hours (ie foodservice) daily and is the nature of the beast but 1.5 x hrs after 8 should be the rule because too many times salaried workers often get screwed.
Pay based on incentives is accepted and it is what it is but to water down the right to get 50% more after 8 hrs is often hard to retrieve after that lid is off the can in a future cba imo.

I agree to the extent that 1.5x should be the standard beyond the scheduled work day, however your week is broken down. Incentive based pay is clearly a double edged sword, relying on both parties to be 100% honest and transparent, and foodservice is a mess in it's own right. salary employees are hosed regardless, usually not even 1.5x after 40.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Bay View massacre - Wikipedia
Listen, let the knowledgeable people talk. It’s the stupid and ignorant such as yourself who thinks the know all the answers. You said “literally no one died for an 8 hour day”? Now you can go into your explanation about how wrong the Wikipedia article is. Just plain dumb!

PHLtroublemaker

Bay View massacre - Wikipedia
Listen, let the knowledgeable people talk. It’s the stupid and ignorant such as yourself who thinks the know all the answers. You said “literally no one died for an 8 hour day”? Now you can go into your explanation about how wrong the Wikipedia article is. Just plain dumb!
People died for the right to vote down contracts. YOUR people keep forcing unwanted contracts on the members.
Donating his time to the slow kids does not make Sean a good leader. If anything he does it because he feels guilty for his actions on the job. Sean will not step foot in Philly. We are waiting ! The members will not support him at 623. Does Fred’s breathe still stink?