845am central time on May 9 and UPS stock has passed below

It’s back up...what does the stock price have to do with anything?

Generally a stock price is reflective of how investors feel about a company (are they competive, is there an upside, is their business model and leadership solid). Unfortunately UPS has had a poor performance record for years when compared to something like the S&P or some of our competition. The big investment firms like the dividends but are wary of the economic conditions outside the US and have heard the same old song and dance as to why our stock price has been so flat for so long. I personally am more concerned about the dividends then the actual stock price, but a underperforming price makes investment capital more expensive.

Returntosender

Generally a stock price is reflective of how investors feel about a company (are they competive, is there an upside, is their business model and leadership solid). Unfortunately UPS has had a poor performance record for years when compared to something like the S&P or some of our competition. The big investment firms like the dividends but are wary of the economic conditions outside the US and have heard the same old song and dance as to why our stock price has been so flat for so long. I personally am more concerned about the dividends then the actual stock price, but a underperforming price makes investment capital more expensive.
Don’t forget the option players they can impact price

So you’re just an investor. Maybe invest in something else.

PAUPSGuy

Nothing. Stock prices these days are completely influenced by how or what the Cheeto tweets about. Tariffs !!!! everything goes down.

Did you just come on here and make this political? Take your candy ass somewhere else. The international sphere of UPS is thriving and honestly saved their asses last quarter. Like many other businesses nationwide. Tariffs or not savvy, ethical business people find a way... If you had the slightest, and I mean SLIGHTEST level of business acumen you would understand why our president is playing the hardest of business 'ball' with Russia and China. The United States has left too much meat on the bone for the buzzards for far too long. Forgive us if we want to recoup that nourishment. Get off twitter sir, ma'am, whatever and focus on your employees. Your degree in business management doesn't count, sorry.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
If you dive into what products are being raise by the tariffs, it's much to do about nothing on both sides. The biggest thing would be US crops to which the government already and Cheeto guaranteed he would bail out. I dont agree with alot thing Cheeto does but they stand on China is needed. This one sided import and exports has to stop.

PAUPSGuy

If you dive into what products are being raise by the tariffs, it's much to do about nothing on both sides. The biggest thing would be US crops to which the government already and Cheeto guaranteed he would bail out. I dont agree with alot thing Cheeto does but they stand on China is needed. This one-sided import and exports has to stop.
You get it and you're also intelligent enough to see the long road ahead despite your bias for a man that's paving it... No more fk fk games out of the US and our allies. We've had enough of the currency manipulation and bs. China joined the WTO in 2001 and hasn't stopped being an :censored2: since. Hell, they just made XixiPing their permanent leader. That's extremely telling for me personally. Bring the fire and fury on our behalf, Americans have earned that place on the world stage. Time to level the playing field.