85% Trace is back... priorities.

AKCoverMan

But it’s never been pushed on me since the like the first week when I told a now exORS that I would gladly follow ORION as soon as it makes sense. I’m still waiting.

DriverNerd

I just do it in order that makes sense to me, that takes care of business customers in a timely matter, that delivered me to my break spot when I want and I don’t really care about the ORION trace, Haven't seen ORION compliance report in years.

If they push it I will follow it 100% not gonna play games with what is and isn’t a “break” if they want Stupid I will give them Stupid. All at $1.10 for every extra minute that Supidity takes! SMH…
I'm a cover driver and I run as close to 100% I can everyday. I don't care about the way the route driver does it. Makes no difference to me. It's not my problem how someone else does their job. I run 100 percent and let it burn.

Automaton

Any time a road changes you have to do all of them or it's a trace break. You wouldn't have another trace break until you do that again.
How does dynamic Orion fit into this? Did they turn it off? Cause if the trace keeps changing on us, which version of the trace are we supposed to comply with? Original trace, or updated trace?

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
We went through some of that nonsense from time to time and they try to explain to me. I shake my head and smile and say I understand and I will do better, and then I just go do whatever the hell I want and get the job done just like I always have.
I never even look at my list...always deliver off map, only way I can do it.

DriverNerd

How does dynamic Orion fit into this? Did they turn it off? Cause if the trace keeps changing on us, which version of the trace are we supposed to comply with? Original trace, or updated trace?
That's a good question. I know following it whenever it changes will get you 100%. I would assume it's a trace break then because of that but I don't know if that is true or not.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Seems not to be so "dynamic", which might be the cause of low trace percentages. Seem like they turned it off?

You would think the company would fix orion problems first? Drivers break trace because the route has to be done that way. Orion doesn't know that.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Seems not to be so "dynamic", which might be the cause of low trace percentages. Seem like they turned it off?

You would think the company would fix orion problems first? Drivers break trace because the route has to be done that way. Orion doesn't know that.
They have all kinds of ways of manipulating it, i'm sure. ODO still uses the RDO trace as a kind of weighted system. So routes that are dispatched in "chunks" tend to do better than ones that do "loops" because Orion sees the large jump from shelf 1 to, say, shelf 6 and does not cross but it will be perfectly happy completing a loop from the other end, or it sees the milage of the loop and bails into another one on some false, often illegal, assumption of how the streets work.

pkgdriver

They have all kinds of ways of manipulating it, i'm sure. ODO still uses the RDO trace as a kind of weighted system. So routes that are dispatched in "chunks" tend to do better than ones that do "loops" because Orion sees the large jump from shelf 1 to, say, shelf 6 and does not cross but it will be perfectly happy completing a loop from the other end, or it sees the milage of the loop and bails into another one on some false, often illegal, assumption of how the streets work.
WUT?

Brown Down

For all our drivers on the two coasts delivering in stormy conditions. Do you guys get the it’s all about safety speel as they send you out in crazy road conditions
Of course. its the management equivilent of "did you have chains on when you slid off the road". They feel if they mention it they are safe from the wrecks.

Cowboy Mac

Of course. its the management equivilent of "did you have chains on when you slid off the road". They feel if they mention it they are safe from the wrecks.
They have to say something about it, that way they can discipline you if something happens. It’s called lax enforcement. Even though something is a rule, they have to remind everyone verbally or by putting signs everywhere.

Now when you’re in the office, they can say it’s your fault because they warned you.

Brownwind

They have to say something about it, that way they can discipline you if something happens. It’s called lax enforcement. Even though something is a rule, they have to remind everyone verbally or by putting signs everywhere.

Now when you’re in the office, they can say it’s your fault because they warned you.
Appreciate the response. Hope everyone not used to driving in the bad weather is okay. Best advice is to take your time and don’t force yourself into a bad situation

rustys954rr

You're in the Central? We get two 10 minute paid breaks. There is an agreement here about lunches as well which allows people to only need to record 5 minutes of lunch but I take the full 30 every day.
You're in the Central? We get two 10 minute paid breaks. There is an agreement here about lunches as well which allows people to only need to record 5 minutes of lunch but I take the full 30 every day.
Ya, just a single 10. Article 18 only says we need a minimum of one, but centers that had 2 would continue to have 2.

Attachments

• PXL_20230319_032309042.jpg
    PXL_20230319_032309042.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 37