85% Trace is back... priorities.

Thebrownblob

Why has the union ever accepted any discipline for following trace 100%??

Stewards should be throwing those straight into the trash.
Even frivolous, ridiculous discipline Has to be filed on properly. Then you can get it retracted. Simply tossing it into the trash is a good way to get an employee terminated.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Even frivolous, ridiculous discipline Has to be filed on properly. Then you can get it retracted. Simply tossing it into the trash is a good way to get an employee terminated.
But it would be way cooler if they threw it in the trash. In the center managers trash by his desk while he’s getting berated by his overlords for whatever is up their ass that day.

10:30 resi

You know what I meant. Work less than 8 and get a pay guarantee.
I have made it out of the building a few times under 8 without them noticing to ask me if I want more work or to sign the sheet. When they ask me to sign code 05 after the fact I refuse. I am now 'instructed' to send a diad message in asking for more work if I will be under 8 and want guarantee. BS if you ask me, when I showed up at work that was my request for 8 hours, if I wanted less I would've called out...
Supes really let you punch out under 8 and pay guarantee without any hassle over in your center?

21Savage

I have made it out of the building a few times under 8 without them noticing to ask me if I want more work or to sign the sheet. When they ask me to sign code 05 after the fact I refuse. I am now 'instructed' to send a diad message in asking for more work if I will be under 8 and want guarantee. BS if you ask me, when I showed up at work that was my request for 8 hours, if I wanted less I would've called out...
Supes really let you punch out under 8 and pay guarantee without any hassle over in your center?
Yeah but it wasn't always the case. We had one driver who was boys with the center manager and would always come in early and get paid for 8. Then drivers caught onto it and Stews got involved and they changed it to planned over 8= get paid for 8 even if you bonus it. I don't even talk to my center manager but he came up to me personally and told me that was the rule now 🤷‍♂️

Michael Scott

Yeah but it wasn't always the case. We had one driver who was boys with the center manager and would always come in early and get paid for 8. Then drivers caught onto it and Stews got involved and they changed it to planned over 8= get paid for 8 even if you bonus it. I don't even talk to my center manager but he came up to me personally and told me that was the rule now 🤷‍♂️
Im in a bonus center. If we are planned over 8 and we work under 8 we get paid for it. Along with time over 8 that we were planned. But if we were planned for 7.99 and completed it in 6 hours somehow, we would be code 5d.

Thebrownblob

Im in a bonus center. If we are planned over 8 and we work under 8 we get paid for it. Along with time over 8 that we were planned. But if we were planned for 7.99 and completed it in 6 hours somehow, we would be code 5d.
Tried that in our center filed a grievance because there’s no contractual language that says they can use their numbers to decide if we get a Guarantee.

Sixth Punch Sense

Had a discussion about trace with an on road not to long ago. The way he explained it was not what I thought

Half of my neighborhoods are dead ends, only one way in and out. Say I have 10 stops in the neighborhood and one of them is air. Orion has me delivering the air and one other stop then leaving because it's stupid. When I decide to deliver all 10 instead of 2 Orion considers this breaking trace. But you are only breaking trace for 1 stop the other 7 stops now are considered on trace.

Thebrownblob

Had a discussion about trace with an on road not to long ago. The way he explained it was not what I thought

Half of my neighborhoods are dead ends, only one way in and out. Say I have 10 stops in the neighborhood and one of them is air. Orion has me delivering the air and one other stop then leaving because it's stupid. When I decide to deliver all 10 instead of 2 Orion considers this breaking trace. But you are only breaking trace for 1 stop the other 7 stops now are considered on trace.
We went through some of that nonsense from time to time and they try to explain to me. I shake my head and smile and say I understand and I will do better, and then I just go do whatever the hell I want and get the job done just like I always have.

pkgdriver

Yep I was told the same street is not considered a break.

pkgdriver

We went through some of that nonsense from time to time and they try to explain to me. I shake my head and smile and say I understand and I will do better, and then I just go do whatever the hell I want and get the job done just like I always have.
Just like you always have was probably in the best interests of the employer and employee.

Thebrownblob

Just like you always have was probably in the best interests of the employer and employee.
Funny thing is they tried telling me it was to save miles originally. I usually drove 8 to 10 miles less than what the computer Was projecting and when I pointed that out, they still continued on like robots Lol.

DriverNerd

Yep I was told the same street is not considered a break.
It's only a break if some part of it is different. If it's Main St for 8 addresses you can do them in any order. eg. If there's a Main Ct or Main Cir that splits them that's a different road and doing them in reverse would be multiple breaks.

DriverNerd

Any time a road changes you have to do all of them or it's a trace break. You wouldn't have another trace break until you do that again.

AKCoverMan

Any time a road changes you have to do all of them or it's a trace break. You wouldn't have another trace break until you do that again.
I just do it in order that makes sense to me, that takes care of business customers in a timely matter, that delivered me to my break spot when I want and I don’t really care about the ORION trace, Haven't seen ORION compliance report in years.

If they push it I will follow it 100% not gonna play games with what is and isn’t a “break” if they want Stupid I will give them Stupid. All at $1.10 for every extra minute that Supidity takes! SMH…