LarryBird

UPS didn't stop. I think I took most of my lunch watching TV... around 10 something. But than had to finish the route and come in the next day. It really sucked.
UPS' flights stopped like the rest of the country's air travel for like 3 days or so. But yeah, we worked that day as well, as I've stated.

By the world stopped, I meant like what I posted, sporting and concert events, flights and travel, television and radio programming, music and movie releases, etc.

Sure, we still had to work and live life in most instances, but :censored2: was definitely a blur of confusion, sadness, and anger.

I wasn't yet working at UPS. I didn't decide to get a job there until 2003.

turq

I had a cell phone in 97 I know because of a certain hurricane I went through. I was forced to get it..... but it was like an army walkie talkie, with a big antenna. In 2001 it was a flip phone and probably a Nokia.

I cannot imagine how awful it must've been to not be able to contact those close to you who might have been in danger or worse.

Yes it was. I really just wanted to go home, but had to finish the route. Thankfully my loved ones were all OK. To this day I wear a FDNY shirt under my uniform on that day.

Obviously it was a day that anyone who was alive at the time had seared into their minds forever, so...

Where were you at when you heard the news?

Where were you at when you 1st saw the video of the planes hitting the towers?

I know Memorial Day is a holiday to honor those who died in the service of the US Armed Forces, but it's also a day I believe that we should remember those who died trying to save lives in the towers, at the Pentagon, and over PA that day.

Plus these events directly led to the war in Afghanistan that is responsible for the deaths of approximately 2,400 American soldiers so I think it's a valid discussion on Memorial Day.
I remember being at a stop and seeing a plane stuck in the side of the world trade center. I was like WTF?

rod

Retired 22 years
I was also sitting in the lazyboy in my underwear when the Feds burned out the Branch Davidians complex.

LarryBird

I was also sitting in the lazyboy in my underwear when the Feds burned out the Branch Davidians complex.
This particular day I was in the 7th grade, hoping to get a handful of bare titty and maybe even go for 3rd base with a pretty girl who had a rumoured rep as the school 'slut' the next day on my 13th birthday.

Never did get them titties that day - my little brother and his friend tagged along and screwed :censored2: all up. (Funny the things you remember) I blame my parents for this missed opportunity for making me take the little :censored2: with us.

Hit an inside the car home run with her a few years down the road in 12th grade though. Great girl. She was a real giver. Shout out to her.

LarryBird

I remember being at a stop and seeing a plane stuck in the side of the world trade center. I was like WTF?
Seeing this on television?

Or literally looking at it with your own two eyes from down the block?:
nFw2I.jpg

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Was off work as my Daughter was exactly 1 week old. Woke up to the Wife and mother in law crying. Was glued to the tv all day except when I wemt out for gas. There were gas lines EVERYWHERE.