LarryBird

Was off work as my Daughter was exactly 1 week old. Woke up to the Wife and mother in law crying. Was glued to the tv all day except when I wemt out for gas. There were gas lines EVERYWHERE.
Yeah, man. I saw a lot of people crying that day. I honestly don't remember if I did or not, but I would not doubt it. Grown men were crying in public. Hard ass construction workers and roofers and :censored2: who hadn't seen it until they walked into the bar after work just crying their eyes out and talking about revenge.

Not sure who mentioned it earlier, but revenge was definitely on people's minds from the jump. Whether that's right or wrong, and I'm not gonna make a judgement on that in this thread on this day either way, it's how it was that afternoon.

LarryBird

Y’all are really old I’m pretty sure I was in elementary school.
How old are you?

I'm gonna take a guess from your know it all attitude...I'd say you are 27 years old.

This is how I arrived there - 27 is old enough to think you've figured it all out and young enough not to have realized yet that you haven't...and probably never will for that matter.

How close am I, dawg?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I was working security. First heard it from another guard who was known to listen to AM radio shows, so I actually thought it was a hoax at first. The control room had gotten one of the cctv's to pick up a broadcast channel, and we watched the news the whole shift.

I was on Inactive Ready Reserve in the last two years of my contract with the Army at the time, just waiting for the phone call to report for duty. Never got one, though. I can't say that I ever really felt any significant emotional impact. It's just another of the infinite number of cruel things people do to one another.

El Correcto

god is dead
How old are you?

I'm gonna take a guess from your know it all attitude...I'd say you are 27 years old.

This is how I arrived there - 27 is old enough to think you've figured it all out and young enough not to have realized yet that you haven't...and probably never will for that matter.

How close am I, dawg?
I told you i was in elementary school, don’t be impressed with estimates.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Yeah, man. I saw a lot of people crying that day. I honestly don't remember if I did or not, but I would not doubt it. Grown men were crying in public. Hard ass construction workers and roofers and :censored2: who hadn't seen it until they walked into the bar after work just crying their eyes out and talking about revenge.

Not sure who mentioned it earlier, but revenge was definitely on people's minds from the jump. Whether that's right or wrong, and I'm not gonna make a judgement on that in this thread on this day either way, it's how it was that afternoon.
I was crying and I was angry. It was that day that I really took stock of things that affect me. I never really cared about what was going on in the world until that day. I never thought much about Islam either. Since then, nobody will ever convince me that Islam is a religion of peace. It is a disease bent on violence to destroy others who don't believe what they do.

El Correcto

god is dead
So I was dead nutzzz on, huh?

The kid is good - I should work at a carnival...

... not for the reasons some of you are thinking. Get your :censored2:ing minds right and recognize.
I would make a mama joke about working next to your mother at the carnival, but your so old I feel that would be hitting a sore spot.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I was crying and I was angry. It was that day that I really took stock of things that affect me. I never really cared about what was going on in the world until that day. I never thought much about Islam either. Since then, nobody will ever convince me that Islam is a religion of peace. It is a disease bent on violence to destroy others who don't believe what they do.
Lol

floridays

At the final nut cutting, when all nuts are severed, I believe you are spot on. I agree with you.

rickyb

Obviously it was a day that anyone who was alive at the time had seared into their minds forever, so...

Where were you at when you heard the news?

Where were you at when you 1st saw the video of the planes hitting the towers?

I know Memorial Day is a holiday to honor those who died in the service of the US Armed Forces, but it's also a day I believe that we should remember those who died trying to save lives in the towers, at the Pentagon, and over PA that day.

Plus these events directly led to the war in Afghanistan that is responsible for the deaths of approximately 2,400 American soldiers so I think it's a valid discussion on Memorial Day.
at school. our teacher yelled at me and another guy cuz we thought it was an action movie.

LarryBird

at school. our teacher yelled at me and another guy cuz we thought it was an action movie.
Obviously a class for the learning disabled, given your story, brah.

You've come a long way since then - I'm proud of you. You're one of success stories of no child left behind and it really tugs at the heartstrings.

rickyb

Obviously a class for the learning disabled, given your story, brah.

You've come a long way since then - I'm proud of you. You're one of success stories of no child left behind and it really tugs at the heartstrings.
blame society. even former nytimes war correspondent says 9/11 was straight out of hollywood.

that was me and the jock.

rickyb

you havent learned a damn thing.

us govt is the biggest terror state in the world.

LarryBird

gtfo, have you seen the crap on this thread?
Yes, and it's all fine. It doesn't have to be sanctimonious. But it'd be nice if it didn't devolve into a conversation about politics or how our government's foreign policy has come back to haunt us - it's a thread about where you were and what you remember about that day. Perhaps how it changed things as well.

We don't need your faux intellectual, tinfoil hat wearing, nutter bull:censored2: to pervade the conversation - it's clear to anyone who's read your posts that you have only a limited understanding of world affairs, and one that's peppered with conspiracy theories about capitalism and paranoid distrust/delusions about our government.

While many of the conspiracy 'theories' and grey areas that surround our government's actions definitely have some legs, you don't have to insert them into every discussion you enter.

It doesn't make you look like someone who's woke, as you probably think it does...it makes you look like you don't get the true big picture because you're only viewing the world through a tunnel of conspiracy about capitalism and the US role in the world.

I'm not the biggest fan of our government as it's currently constituted, capitalism's dog eat dog ways, or the way we conduct ourselves on the world stage either. But I know these conversations have their place, and this thread isn't it.

I should have mentioned the caveat that it was to remain on topic, but I really didn't think it was necessary, though I was apparently wrong about that.