PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I was in the kitchen watching it happen on TV when the phone rang with a sergeant on the phone saying it was a secure line and putting my daughter on active duty.She eventually was deployed and was flying air force raven missions all over Afganistan

LarryBird

I was in the kitchen watching it happen on TV when the phone rang with a sergeant on the phone saying it was a secure line and putting my daughter on active duty.She eventually was deployed and was flying air force raven missions all over Afganistan
They were activating reservists that quickly?

Seems like it would be a little early in the game for that considering, but who am I to question it. If you say that's what happened, then I guess I believe you.

rickyb

Yes, and it's all fine. It doesn't have to be sanctimonious. But it'd be nice if it didn't devolve into a conversation about politics or how our government's foreign policy has come back to haunt us - it's a thread about where you were and what you remember about that day. Perhaps how it changed things as well.

We don't need your faux intellectual, tinfoil hat wearing, nutter bull:censored2: to pervade the conversation - it's clear to anyone who's read your posts that you have only a limited understanding of world affairs, and one that's peppered with conspiracy theories about capitalism and paranoid distrust/delusions about our government.

While many of the conspiracy 'theories' and grey areas that surround our government's actions definitely have some legs, you don't have to insert them into every discussion you enter.

It doesn't make you look like someone who's woke, as you probably think it does...it makes you look like you don't get the true big picture because you're only viewing the world through a tunnel of conspiracy about capitalism and the US role in the world.

I'm not the biggest fan of our government as it's currently constituted, capitalism's dog eat dog ways, or the way we conduct ourselves on the world stage either. But I know these conversations have their place, and this thread isn't it.

I should have mentioned the caveat that it was to remain on topic, but I really didn't think it was necessary, though I was apparently wrong about that.
cool then enforce it, because i scroll up just a little on this page and i see some crap about muslims...

rickyb

sad

hopefully she survived.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
They were activating reservists that quickly?

Seems like it would be a little early in the game for that considering, but who am I to question it. If you say that's what happened, then I guess I believe you.
The 177 Air Fighter wing was the closest to New York and not active before the attack.She was a security forces member assigned to the 177th

LarryBird

cool then enforce it, because i scroll up just a little on this page and i see some crap about muslims...
Yeah I know. But I don't wanna have arguments with Christians in this thread who think Islam is a violent religion. If that's their opinion, and it's admittedly at least a partially valid criticism of some muslims, especially the extremists, then it is what it is. There's no arguing that the Islamic terrorists who perpetrated this crime were violent - there's also no arguing that there's violent rhetoric in the Koran.

I'm an atheist, so I don't think either of them are right about any of it. People are fighting and killing over a fairy tale in my humble opinion, and I think muslims are waging war against us supposed 'infidels' and committing violence in the name of a fictional book.

rickyb

Yeah I know. But I don't wanna have arguments with Christians in this thread who think Islam is a violent religion. If that's their opinion, and it's admittedly at least a partially valid criticism of some muslims, especially the extremists, then it is what it is. There's no arguing that the Islamic terrorists who perpetrated this crime were violent - there's also no arguing that there's violent rhetoric in the Koran.

I'm an atheist, so I don't think either of them are right about any of it. People are fighting and killing over a fairy tale in my humble opinion, and I think muslims are waging war against us supposed 'infidels' and committing violence in the name of a fictional book.
i dunno youre talking about a conversation not delolving into politics and conspiracy theories but youre ok with the ones you agree with.

btw, conspiring is what corporations and govts do. military industrial complex for example. big pharma, yadayada.

LarryBird

she did well she is now a police detective
Glad to hear it.

Unfortunately some families weren't as lucky. It blows that we're still losing young men and women in wars. We should be beyond that in these modern times, and the fact that we're not, means that we probably never will be.

I don't get what all the fighting is about. Especially when it's in regard to religious and cultural differences - resource wars I can almost understand. But killing in the name of god? Not so much.

LarryBird

i dunno youre talking about a conversation not delolving into politics and conspiracy theories but youre ok with the ones you agree with.

btw, conspiring is what corporations and govts do. military industrial complex for example. big pharma, yadayada.
Can you read?

I don't agree with religion at all. None of them. I just don't want to start any arguments about it in this thread.

Now you're bringing up big pharma? The military industrial complex? You're just further proving the above point I made about your posts being incoherent and tending toward the paranoid.

Yes, there's shadiness that surrounds big pharma and their lobbying efforts of our legislators. Yes, the military industrial complex and the war for profit business is a problem. No, those conversations don't belong here, and you're seemingly incapable of separating your theories from normal conversations that they're impertinent to, or unwanted in.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I was just waking up and happen to turn on the tv.
Then a went over to one of my sister's houses to check up on her.
She was on the phone trying to locate other members of the clan in NYC.
I was working an afternoon shift and I must say the was the most traffic free ride in.
When I got there I heard a roar , looking up an friend-18 had just taken off from Hascom AFB and it had a red maple leaf on it's tail.

LarryBird

I was just waking up and happen to turn on the tv.
Then a went over to one of my sister's houses to check up on her.
She was on the phone trying to locate other members of the clan in NYC.
I was working an afternoon shift and I must say the was the most traffic free ride in.
When I got there I heard a roar , looking up an friend-18 had just taken off from Hascom AFB and it had a red maple leaf on it's tail.
Those cannucks always have our backs. They are truly a ride or die neighbor and ally.

We can always count on Canada, Britain, and Australia to hop in the muck and get their hands dirty with us when we need them to, eh?

LarryBird

she is a pretty neat kid .She was NJ airman of the year recieved a comp. flight in a fighter and her name painted on the fighter for a year.
Sounds like you raised a wonderful, altruistic human being and you're very proud of her. I would be too.

Protected and served both her country, and the community she lives in, and did it with distinction. Well done. Kudos to you both.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Sounds like you raised a wonderful, altruistic human being and you're very proud of her. I would be too.

Protected and served both her country, and the community she lives in, and did it with distinction. Well done. Kudos to you both.
2 first responders in the family her brother is a paramedic

LarryBird

2 first responders in the family her brother is a paramedic
I could never be a paramedic. I don't know how they are able to leave the job at work when they head home. It's a tough career - they really see some sad :censored2:.

I've got a lot of respect for what they do, and like I said, how they're able to compartmentalize it when they head home to their family. I'm not too bad at compartmentalizing things that are sad or whatever, and focusing on the task in front of me, but I'm squeamish as :censored2: when it comes to blood and catastrophic injury. I just cannot look at that stuff. So there's definitely no doubt in my mind that I could never be a 1st responder.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I could never be a paramedic. I don't know how they are able to leave the job at work when they head home. It's a tough career - they really see some sad :censored2:.

I've got a lot of respect for what they do, and like I said, how they're able to compartmentalize it when they head home to their family. I'm not too bad at compartmentalizing things that are sad or whatever, and focusing on the task in front of me, but I'm squeamish as :censored2: when it comes to blood and catastrophic injury. I just cannot look at that stuff. So there's definitely no doubt in my mind that I could never be a 1st responder.
Last post. I remember a story my daughter told me when she was a patrolmen. She was first on the scene of a man that had a stroke, died and fell down the stairs in a bloody mess on top of his small of stature wife. She made the ambulance crew clean up the blood on the walls so when the women returned home she wouldn't be reminded of the event.
It's a nice story of compassion but a lot of stories I hear from them both
are not so nice. They see a lot of the dark side.