LarryBird

I was waking up at my classmates’ apartment.

She was soooo cute, but a total b, which I liked at the time.

We got along famously, talked for hours on the phone, but I never got anywhere with her...

She wakes me up (I’m on the couch), she’s on the phone with her sister in NY, points me to the TV...

Just in time to see the second plane hit the WTC.

Totally surreal, it wasn’t clear to me that I wasn’t still dreaming.

I bounced, drove straight to the Post Office, picked up my important delivery, skipped classes for the day.

Made it to work that evening at the Japanese restaurant...all the Mexican workers were horrified.

I took a break and cried in the bathroom right before we opened.
I'm gonna guess from this post that we are right about the same age.

You are somewhere between 36 and 40 years old.

LarryBird

Larry Bird, we may not agree on a lot of things but I like your style man.
Thanks, brah.

People don't have to agree on everything, or really much at all, to still respect each other and get along.

I can recognize that most of the people here are intelligent and keep informed on the events and issues that we face as a nation. We just might not all have the same viewpoint on the causes and solutions. The fact that we can openly disagree and talk :censored2: is part of what makes this a great country.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Thanks, brah.

People don't have to agree on everything, or really much at all, to still respect each other and get along.

I can recognize that most of the people here are intelligent and keep informed on the events and issues that we face as a nation. We just might not all have the same viewpoint on the causes and solutions. The fact that we can openly disagree and talk :censored2: is part of what makes this a great country.
Well, we have something in common. IMO, Larry Bird was the best basketball player that ever lived. Best SF ever. Better than LeBron. Could see the play before it happened. Court vision like none other.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Obviously it was a day that anyone who was alive at the time had seared into their minds forever, so...

Where were you at when you heard the news?

Where were you at when you 1st saw the video of the planes hitting the towers?

I know Memorial Day is a holiday to honor those who died in the service of the US Armed Forces, but it's also a day I believe that we should remember those who died trying to save lives in the towers, at the Pentagon, and over PA that day.

Plus these events directly led to the war in Afghanistan that is responsible for the deaths of approximately 2,400 American soldiers so I think it's a valid discussion on Memorial Day.
I was in my 4th grade classroom. You could see the smoke from the hill above the school. Kids kept getting picked up early from my school until there were only a few of us left. Early am still and the teachers turned off the tvs and radios....i assumed it was maybe a holiday or something until that evening when i got home and saw it on the news.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
I was in my 4th grade classroom. You could see the smoke from the hill above the school. Kids kept getting picked up early from my school until there were only a few of us left. Early am still and the teachers turned off the tvs and radios....i assumed it was maybe a holiday or something until that evening when i got home and saw it on the news.
4th grade wow. I was 30 with a week old child. Liking this thread as I get to see how it affected others not my age.

rod

Retired 22 years
You were in 4th grade and I was retired :-)

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was still in bed. My girlfriend from the east coast called me and said to turn on the news. It never got turned off all day!!

BrownArmy

What did you major in?

In the end?

B.S. in Audio Engineering.

Physics, math, music history, music theory, applied instruction on an instrument (bass), vocal training, etc.

On a lark I took a Gaelic language class, the teacher was from TN, no idea how it happened that he was teaching Gaelic.

My first go round with college was straight out of HS, I wanted to take a year off and take a minute but my father wasn’t having it.

Lol, I dropped out after three semesters.

At that point I was in four or five bands and I just wanted to play bass.

Moved below the Mason-Dixon and found a nice program at UNC, which is where I finally finished.

(The ‘special delivery’ I ran to the Post Office to get on 9-11 was my first legit pair of studio monitors...my drummer and I recorded bands for almost ten years, but the money sucked...)

upload_2019-5-31_22-9-24.jpeg

It will be fine

In the end?

Physics, math, music history, music theory, applied instruction on an instrument (bass), vocal training, etc.

On a lark I took a Gaelic language class, the teacher was from TN, no idea how it happened that he was teaching Gaelic.

My first go round with college was straight out of HS, I wanted to take a year off and take a minute but my father wasn’t having it.

Moved below the Mason-Dixon and found a nice program at UNC, which is where I finally finished.

(The ‘special delivery’ I ran to the Post Office to get on 9-11 was my first legit pair of studio monitors...my drummer and I recorded bands for almost ten years, but the money sucked...)

View attachment 250318
Is that a pic of BB-8?

El Correcto

god is dead
In the end?

View attachment 250318
I was thinking something to do with space, but music makes sense to.

LarryBird

Is that a pic of BB-8?
I have a Lego Ultimate Collector's Series BB-8 that I haven't put together yet. I'm not a Stars Wars fan, so I'm not really in any hurry. I think I'll probably just keep it sealed and sell it 10 years from now to some nerd for $3000.

The prices on the large out of production Lego Star Wars sets are out of control. Some of them sell for like 10 grand.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was waking up at my classmates’ apartment.

She was soooo cute, but a total b, which I liked at the time.

We got along famously, talked for hours on the phone, but I never got anywhere with her...

She wakes me up (I’m on the couch), she’s on the phone with her sister in NY, points me to the TV...

Just in time to see the second plane hit the WTC.

Totally surreal, it wasn’t clear to me that I wasn’t still dreaming.

I bounced, drove straight to the Post Office, picked up my important delivery, skipped classes for the day.

Made it to work that evening at the Japanese restaurant...all the Mexican workers were horrified.

I took a break and cried in the bathroom right before we opened.

How much weed was in the “important delivery”