DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He posted 2 sentences about Islam in relation to how he was feeling after he saw it and how it changed his thought process forever, and then he never mentioned it again.

You however, despite repeated requests from multiple people, continue to act like a :censored2: in here.

The worst part of it all, is that you think your opinions are wise and worldly, instead of myopic and shallow. You're a basic buffoon, who instead sees a genius when he looks in his magic mirror every morning.
FFS you cry a lot.

LarryBird

Not really.

I was just trying to keep this thread on topic and keep the half-* from offending someone with family or friends involved if there was any people here who were affected.

But he was too thick to get it anyway or just couldn't help but spout his fake woke bull:censored2:, so I've given up and let this thread go fully off the rails. (We're now talking Cuban life expectancy in a 9/11 thread.)

In fact, at this point I'm participating in it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not really.

I was just trying to keep this thread on topic and keep the half-* from offending someone with family or friends involved if there was any people here who were affected.

But he was too thick to get it anyway or just couldn't help but spout his fake woke bull:censored2:, so I've given up and let this thread go fully off the rails. (We're now talking Cuban life expectancy in a 9/11 thread.)

In fact, at this point I'm participating in it.
Yawn

newfie

Not a very good reader, huh? Perhaps even blind or illiterate it seems, because you should check out the title to the top one. Your 3 favorite boogeymen are on the cover with defeated looks on their faces...

It's definitely not a liberal book. It's a hardcore TrumpTard bible. The last word of the title that is covered by the sticker is 'hoax'. The subtitle is 'the illicit scheme to clear Hillary Clinton and frame Donald Trump".

I thought it was a comedy book when I saw it, but it turns out the author was dead serious.

I now file it under fiction, next to the Dan Brown, John Grisham, and Steven King novels in my collection.

yea i didnt really look at it . just assumed it was some crap you read

LarryBird

yea i didnt really look at it . just assumed it was some crap you read

Ok ladies and gentlemen, can we just agree that the yea's have it, and move on the next order of business?..

Yeah?

Alright then that's settled and with this motion that's passed, we've ratified the agreement that the real and correct spelling of yeah, is y-e-a-h, and from this day at 11:24 pm forward, this thread will use correct spelling of said stated word hereto in - yeah (a.k.a. sp.yes a.k.a. sp.yep).

And we're moving on.

rickyb

Easy. Socialized medicine ala free healthcare for all.

People actually go to the doctor on a regular basis, and said doctors have no reason to provide less than optimal care or advice to the patient, because there's no chance that they won't be paid or the treatment will be denied by unscrupulous insurance companies, as all needed treatment and medicine is free of charge and included in their rights as a citizen of Cuba. Kind of like everywhere else in the world.

In our country people avoid going to the doctor until it's too late in many instances or they die while fighting with insurance companies for their needed treatment.
i was wrong cuba has slighly lower life expectancy than US but very good considering its nowhere near as wealthy and under US embargo.

LarryBird

i was wrong cuba has slighly lower life expectancy than US but very good considering its nowhere near as wealthy and under US embargo.
I hadn't checked but I'm gonna take an educated guess and say they're within 2 years or so. They've got a very respectable healthcare system - that was one of the things Castro was very big on, and it was one area where they never met any resistance for supplies and machinery from the US pressure on them and their prospective trading partners because it obviously was considered to be a humanitarian issue, and I believe they even received medical aid in the form of medicines and supplies from some of our allies.

The fact remains, that we're spiting ourselves by not having free universal healthcare for all. People think because they already have insurance right now that it wouldn't be better system - but it would be light years beyond what we have now - you'd be taking the profit motive out of medical decisions, and this I can assure you, business and ethical medicine don't mix. We're already paying for it. Just on the wrong end - the back side. We pay for it in higher medical costs, extra taxes on products with possible health risks, increased premiums, free medical care for the indigent(no person refused treatment), etc etc.

Why not pay for it up front? Put those costs toward free universal healthcare for all. Pay doctors who work in the system fair but reasonable yearly wage - $250k-$350k average, with $500k available to those who are more highly specialized, and cut back their hours to 6-8 per day on average. That's a fantastic wage for a 30-40 work week, and still leaves them time to practice medicine outside the universal system for whatever the market rate dictates - they'll still be the highest average wage earners nationwide outside of executives, high-end lawyers, and those in high finance, just like now.

But we'll have free healthcare that doesn't decide whether we live or die based on if the treatment is profitable or has the right cost/benefit numbers to be deemed a necessary procedure or an available route of treatment for you or medicine that may be beneficial for your condition.

Last edited:

LarryBird

Man, this thread was trashed.
Yeah, I just gave up and joined in.

It's been a master class in how to massacre a thread topic and de-rail in any and every direction you could imagine. Many subjects have been broached, though I'm not sure 9/11 was foremost among them.

newfie

Ok ladies and gentlemen, can we just agree that the yea's have it, and move on the next order of business?..

Yeah?
Yea

Alright then that's settled and with this motion that's passed, we've ratified the agreement that the real and correct spelling of yeah, is y-e-a-h, and from this day at 11:24 pm forward, this thread will use correct spelling of said stated word hereto in - yeah (a.k.a. sp.yes a.k.a. sp.yep).

And we're moving on.

newfie

Yeah, I just gave up and joined in.

It's been a master class in how to massacre a thread topic and de-rail in any and every direction you could imagine. Many subjects have been broached, though I'm not sure 9/11 was foremost among them.

The op could take action to keep it on course

BrownArmy

I was waking up at my classmates’ apartment.

She was soooo cute, but a total b, which I liked at the time.

We got along famously, talked for hours on the phone, but I never got anywhere with her...

She wakes me up (I’m on the couch), she’s on the phone with her sister in NY, points me to the TV...

Just in time to see the second plane hit the WTC.

Totally surreal, it wasn’t clear to me that I wasn’t still dreaming.

I bounced, drove straight to the Post Office, picked up my important delivery, skipped classes for the day.

Made it to work that evening at the Japanese restaurant...all the Mexican workers were horrified.

I took a break and cried in the bathroom right before we opened.

rod

Retired 22 years
I was waking up at my classmates’ apartment.

She was soooo cute, but a total b, which I liked at the time.

We got along famously, talked for hours on the phone, but I never got anywhere with her...

She wakes me up (I’m on the couch), she’s on the phone with her sister in NY, points me to the TV...

Just in time to see the second plane hit the WTC.

Totally surreal, it wasn’t clear to me that I wasn’t still dreaming.

I bounced, drove straight to the Post Office, picked up my important delivery, skipped classes for the day.

Made it to work that evening at the Japanese restaurant...all the Mexican workers were horrified.

I took a break and cried in the bathroom right before we opened.
Is that all anyone does anymore? Call off work and skip classes--------and cry? What a bunch of losers.

Brownt10

upload_2019-5-31_6-25-11.jpeg

So anyone that questions 9/11 is a conspiracy theory even though these fire fighters claim they heard bombs going off?