9/16 Republican Debate

Sportello

Who gained?

I thought Trump, but Carly is the word.

I guess when you can tell bigger lies than Trump, you are the new 'Top Republican Candidate'.

Word is she is being paid to slam Hillary, because a woman can get away with it. As dirty as Clinton is, she's a saint next to Carly.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Didn't watch it because I was working but I'm not sure I would have watched it anyway, 3 hours is an awfully long time to sit and listen to a bunch of politicians.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Truly an embarrassing display of personal arrogance and collective ignorance, fouled by the stench of political desperation. The question that's starting to keep the rest of the world awake nights is: Are Americans really dumb enough to elect one of these bozos?

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Who gained?

I guess when you can tell bigger lies than Trump, you are the new 'Top Republican Candidate'.

Word is she is being paid to slam Hillary, because a woman can get away with it. As dirty as Clinton is, she's a saint next to Carly.
"Carly Fiorina, essentially because she presented herself well. Forget the fact that practically nothing she said had any sort of substance, . . . who cares about those facts. As long as [you] can memorize talking points well, then deliver them in a confident manner, getting your facts straight simply doesn't matter. . . .It doesn't matter really what you're saying, just as long as you say it with a certain panache."

Welcome to the unabridged skillset of most US CEOs.

bacha29

Just remember one thing. The president doesn't run the country. So just who does run the country? ............ The Chairman of the Federal Reserve board. We saw that today . When Janet Yellen sat today for a news conference the worlds financial markets ground nearly to a complete stop waiting to hear what she had to say about how the world's economy is going to be run in the coming months.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If anyone has serious comments on the debate.....only if you watched it, go to election 2016 thread and comment there.

Sportello

It's interesting to see the comments about the new savoir for the Repubs, Carly.

Stuff like this:

In an article about worst CEOs in USA Today in 2005, Yale business Professor Jeffrey Sonnenfeld said that Fiorina was "the worst because of her ruthless attack on the essence of this great company. ... She destroyed half the wealth of her investors and yet still earned almost $100 million in total payments for this destructive reign of terror."

Even more damning is this tidbit, bypassing sanctions on Iran to sell HP products:

All U.S. companies were banned from exporting to Iran in 1995, when President Bill Clinton issued two executive orders tightening sanctions on Iran in response to Iran’s support for international terrorism and pursuit of weapons of mass destruction. If HP executives knew about what the Dubai-based distributor was doing, they would have been breaking U.S. law.

After the Globe article came out, the Securities and Exchange Commission, which investigates violations of sanctions, wrote HP a letter inquiring about the Iran business. HP responded by saying that over $120 million worth of its products had been sold to Redington Gulf for distribution in Iran by a foreign subsidiary based in the Netherlands. Because these sales took place through a foreign subsidiary, HP denied violating sanctions law.

Never mind that every one of her 'substantive' statements were wrong, from the Sixth Fleet, to Planned Parenthood. She was only allowed on the debate stage to attack Hillary and Trump. If she is going to run the US like a business, does that mean she'll shutter unprofitable locations, like most of the 'Red States'?

moreluck

golden ticket member
You can't keep employees just because you want to. When you are in charge of a company you have to keep it profitable and if you don't understand that, that's why you aren't a CEO.

Sportello

You can't keep employees just because you want to. When you are in charge of a company you have to keep it profitable and if you don't understand that, that's why you aren't a CEO.
She didn't keep it profitable. Shareholders lost half their investment and she got $100 million.

Bottom rung

Who gained?

A saint you say? How many people died in bengazi because of Carly? Maybe you don't know this but those ceo's are no different than the politicians they control. Hopefully someday the American people will wake up.

Sportello

A saint you say? How many people died in bengazi because of Carly? Maybe you don't know this but those ceo's are no different than the politicians they control. Hopefully someday the American people will wake up.
Until we know if the equipment her company illegally sold to the Iranians was used to plan the attack, we have no idea.