9.5 Contract Opinions

HULKAMANIA

I am just curious how many of you out there that voted yes on this trash wish you would have voted no now? Or how many of you out there want it to go back to the 5 day period rather than the weekly reset? I voted no twice simply because of the 9.5 language alone. When they proposed this nonsense do any of you remember them saying "we won't load you up on Friday?" I knew that was an outright lie from the start. I realize Christmas is just over so I don't need to hear anybody say that 9.5 language doesn't include such and such dates I'm well aware of the rules. I am just curious how many others out there are feeling the same way?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's back in play starting Tuesday.

It was an improvement to the old Central Region language and has worked for me, after a year of all out war.

I'm looking forward to going back to my 9 hour, "under-dispatched", one and a half hour "over allowed" work days.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I am just curious how many of you out there that voted yes on this trash wish you would have voted no now? Or how many of you out there want it to go back to the 5 day period rather than the weekly reset? I voted no twice simply because of the 9.5 language alone. When they proposed this nonsense do any of you remember them saying "we won't load you up on Friday?" I knew that was an outright lie from the start. I realize Christmas is just over so I don't need to hear anybody say that 9.5 language doesn't include such and such dates I'm well aware of the rules. I am just curious how many others out there are feeling the same way?
Do you file for your Friday's?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Totally agree the language is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of sign this list jump over this hoop just to get on some list.
It should work just the opposite you would automatically be on the "list" to not work over 9.5 and have to sign saying you want more work than that

Nice job whoever negotiated this crap

HULKAMANIA

Do you file for your Friday's?

Would love to. Show me where it's in the language though? We have all looked and its not in there. It was a sham of a proposal. They pulled the ole bait and switch on us. I say us excluding me however. I can't speak for anyone else but as I stated before I voted no twice on this garbage.

HULKAMANIA

All it was was a concession to allow the company to cut routes and pile on as much work as possible. Then when you've had enough and file they pull you in the office and beg and plead with you not to file. I'm just sick of it. It gets old going through the same ole routine every 6 months. If I wanted on the list 6 months ago guess what...nothing has or is going to change.

I guess what Im curious about is how many of you are willing to fight to get it back to the 5 day period?

wide load

Would love to. Show me where it's in the language though? We have all looked and its not in there. It was a sham of a proposal. They pulled the ole bait and switch on us. I say us excluding me however. I can't speak for anyone else but as I stated before I voted no twice on this garbage.
You_Doodle_Pro_2017-01-01T12_44_20Z.jpg

wide load

All it was was a concession to allow the company to cut routes and pile on as much work as possible. Then when you've had enough and file they pull you in the office and beg and plead with you not to file. I'm just sick of it. It gets old going through the same ole routine every 6 months. If I wanted on the list 6 months ago guess what...nothing has or is going to change.

I guess what Im curious about is how many of you are willing to fight to get it back to the 5 day period?
Your rants are making no sense

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What is the penalty for the Company if they "retaliate" in this manner?

The company is admonished (privately), and instructed on the proper

application of the language, before they are embarrassed again.

Simple stuff. :biggrin:

Ive filed on this and have been told it wasn't a violation. Please inform me of any instances you have had.

I'm not privy to your personal experience.

But.... who told you that ??

How far did it go, through the grievance procedure ??

This is like "contract 101" in my Local.

-Bug-

HULKAMANIA

Man up and file if ups loads you up on Thursday or Friday. Clearly states they can not do this.

So let's say you was borderline 9.5 Mon-Weds...do you still believe it reads this way? This is where it becomes murky. This is where people's perspective comes into play rather than the language wording it outright the way it should be. So as usual we have 3 different interpretations: the drivers, management, and the unions and sadly MOST times they never see eye to eye. I'm not being smart with you I'm just curious if this is how your management team treats this? In my center if you didn't get 9.5ed Mon-Weds you are gonna get totally blown out Thurs-Fri.