9.5 Contract Opinions

UnconTROLLed

perfection
what's that quote...

small minds discuss other people
average minds discuss events
great minds discuss ideas

I try to apply that to others and the gossip at UPS.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What would happen if you only worked 3 days in pkg and 2 in feeder.... I assume you can get on the list but they won't have a chance at the additional 2 days to load you up.....

vvv

Dr note isn't required, my wife is my primary physician so they don't ask for one.
:sick:

21 years as a ft package driver, I have seen ALOT of things over the years. If they ask for a note when I come back I just tell them the Dr can't get me in until next Monday would you like me to come back next Monday? :please:
Well played my friend!!

Dr.Brownz

One minute over 9.5 three times a week. They could easily fix this problem but they refuse to.

No I understand how getting on the 9.5 list works. I'm talking about if you are on the 9.5 list and they give you three under 9.5 days, can they give you a 10 hour day and a 9.3 day for the next two days and not have it be "assigning excessive overtime in retaliation for begin on the 9.5"? What about 2 ten hour days or a 12 hour day and then a 9.3 hour day? Likely it would depend on other drivers dispatches in relation to yours.

No I understand how getting on the 9.5 list works. I'm talking about if you are on the 9.5 list and they give you three under 9.5 days, can they give you a 10 hour day and a 9.3 day for the next two days and not have it be "assigning excessive overtime in retaliation for begin on the 9.5"? What about 2 ten hour days or a 12 hour day and then a 9.3 hour day? Likely it would depend on other drivers dispatches in relation to yours.
They have language for piling on at the end of the week.

It's not an easy game to play

BrownInTx

I would be happy with that dispatch.

HULKAMANIA

Yes......I WOULD!!!!

Someone with nuts who along with myself would keep more routes in and prevent overload.

So what about you and all the other drivers next to you that get boned out of having an 8 hr because someone wants to play games and intentionally screw someone over? I totally agree with keeping routes in etc...but the person next to him is getting extra work to keep him at an 8 hr. It's one thing if it's done honest and legit it's something totally different when it's something dishonest and cooked up.

To say oh I'd pat him on the back if he totally screwed you out of an 8 hr request constantly is total hogwash. There are PLENTY of drivers that are willing to take 8 hr requests to keep said routes in place.

ManInBrown

If you're over 9.5 (9.51) you can file, once you've met the requirements.

Being borderline has no bearing at all. You're either over or not.
True. But then they pull out the old, planned day and paid day BS. Had a 45 minute meeting with Stewart and center manager over this very thing one morning.

ManInBrown

Fridays are the easiest part, I put in for an 8 hr day every Friday. I go over 8.5 just a bit so that I can file a grievance. Then i put in for another 8 hr day the next friday. Rinse and repeat every week.

In the summer I call in sick all 5 days for a week, before my vacation and after. 2 occurances 3 weeks off. Rinse and repeat in July and August every year.
Lol. You just have some BullsEye on your back.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
True. But then they pull out the old, planned day and paid day BS. Had a 45 minute meeting with Stewart and center manager over this very thing one morning.

That's just it. Planned day is meaningless. The language is based on hours worked. Period.

Anything else is just a distraction from the language in the contract. They do this everywhere. Don't be bamboozled by their bs.

ManInBrown

That's just it. Planned day is meaningless. The language is based on hours worked. Period.

Anything else is just a distraction from the language in the contract. They do this everywhere. Don't be bamboozled by their bs.
I'm not bamboozled in any way. I'm just saying that's what they try and pull.

By The Book

Reason being;

The company could load you up on Monday and Tuesday, keep you under the rest

of the week.... and still be in compliance with the language.
Isn't it the same thing if they work you over 9.5 Monday and Tuesday as it is to work you over 9.5 Thursday and Friday? The language doesn't specify what days they can work you over 9.5.

By The Book

Good for you! I used to stretch those office visits to the point of the managers head exploding. Just get to work!, go to your route!, I'm instructing you to go to work!, a few responses from the past.

ManInBrown

Good for you! I used to stretch those office visits to the point of the managers head exploding. Just get to work!, go to your route!, I'm instructing you to go to work!, a few responses from the past.
Same here. Not my current center manager but the one before. loved to talk in circles. So when I went in there I one upped center manager and talked in even bigger circles. One day at about 9:50 center manager said please leave. Time to go to work. center manager was begging me to leave the office