9.5 is over for the year

undies

Anyone notice today? We had routes pulled and combined into "mega" routes. So many 12 hour days, it's sad.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep I'll be out past 9. Asked dispatch what the deal was. He said show me where to put it. I said that's your job. Put another route in if everyone had to work 11 hours. Hell put 5 in. Got the typical I'd love to put routes in but I can't. I said sure u can man up and do what's right. Left on that note lol

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Sad? Why is it sad? In a tough economy, you'd think you would appreciate the opportunity to clean up financially.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sad? Why is it sad? In a tough economy, you'd think you would appreciate the opportunity to clean up financially.

It's sad because if they would put more routes in that would be more people with jobs. I love the money but more people should have that opportunity. Actually we wouldn't have the problem at all if people would just demand their contractual 8 hours.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They do it because it works.
It works because we don't act collectively.
If everybody went out and worked by the methods and insisted their helpers do so as well, we would never get done and they would have to put in more cars.
I just read the term "man up" in regards to the dispatch supe.
As a supervisor, he can't man up as he has no protection.
Drivers on the other hand have all the protection they need if they act collectively, yet they don't.
What is being discussed in this thread is a product of increasing apathy and will not get better till we WAKE UP.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
If they don't hire extras, and you max out your hours, i.e. work 14 hours one day 12 hours a few more, and if enough of you did this, come Friday, most of you would have only 6 to eight hours on Friday...then they are FUBAR. Then they work, then you file, then you get paid mucho dinero. Rinse, and repeat, starting the following Monday. Giggedy, giggedy...

Logb17

Payback for the dispatch nightmares with all the 9.5 and 8 hour days. Ive had some friend'd up days because of these. I understand the point of them, but they just screw other people over.

bklynupser

Here is an idea stop running ur routes off just to get home. Than they would have to put more routes in. The bitch about my low stop count at work but if they give me more. They will either have missed or I'm punching out at 11pm. There call.

stink219

They do it because it works.
It works because we don't act collectively.
If everybody went out and worked by the methods and insisted their helpers do so as well, we would never get done and they would have to put in more cars.
I just read the term "man up" in regards to the dispatch supe.
As a supervisor, he can't man up as he has no protection.
Drivers on the other hand have all the protection they need if they act collectively, yet they don't.
What is being discussed in this thread is a product of increasing apathy and will not get better till we WAKE UP.
Great post!! That says it all!!

Argize

Random thoughts.....

• It's cheaper for them to pay us time and a half then to pay full benefits on another driver. The people up in the "carpet kingdom" could care less about you or your families, they just want to make the shareholders happy.
  • I love family time more than overtime.
  • There needs to be a happy balance between the two .

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Last Thursday the bottom fell out. Those of us on the Over 9.5 list and those of us who use our 8 hour requests have seen our stop counts jump by 40-50 stops. I work safe,by the methods and keep the center informed of my ETA. I worked 11 -12 hours Thursday Friday and Monday but only had to work 10 today.I NEVER EVER complain,bitch,piss ,moan or whine to management about the dispatch,i just cash the big paychecks.