Bloodbath

Pullman Brown

giphy-downsized.gif

MIX_MASTER_ICE

Cold As Ice, Willing To Sacrifice
Let’s hope not but honestly who knows. This year will be quite telling for our future. We can sit here and split hairs over Amazon being our competitor or not but the fact remains, they’re growing while we’re shrinking.
Amazon already delivers more packages per year than UPS. Just wait until they start transporting/delivering more than just Amazon.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Amazon already delivers more packages per year than UPS. Just wait until they start transporting/delivering more than just Amazon.
Amazon does not deliver more packages than UPS. You’re confusing shipped packages with delivered packages. UPS delivers 27 million a day, Amazon only processes about 13 million a day. Not delivered.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Which is why they had to start locking the DIADs for lunch in some places.
Should have got that in the contract this time around for the whole country. When I was in pkg we have multiple drivers put their lunch in during their drive to their routes or at the end of the day back to the bldg. These were also the bonus drivers who would do your route then ask you why you’re finishing up 2 hours later than them….such a joke.

Should have got that in the contract this time around for the whole country. When I was in pkg we have multiple drivers put their lunch in during their drive to their routes or at the end of the day back to the bldg. These were also the bonus drivers who would do your route then ask you why you’re finishing up 2 hours later than them….such a joke.
The guy that covers my route, he gets 40-60 more stops than me regularly. Dispatch loves when they know I'm out ahead of time.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He seems like he knows his sheet, we all coped with our routes differently, and I can tell he’s no rookie. But you don’t work off the clock, period.

You know what?
I'm going to walk in the building at 9:55am tomorrow. Just enough time to walk to my center and punch in. And then I'm not touching a thing. I'm gonna pull out of my bay and hear the tumble of 300+pkgs falling off the shelves and waiting for me to try and make sense of the randomness.

The thought gives me existential dread but I actually trust you, UnionStrong.
You on the 9.5 list????

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Should have got that in the contract this time around for the whole country.

That was because of a lawsuit in California.

When I was in pkg we have multiple drivers put their lunch in during their drive to their routes or at the end of the day back to the bldg.

Hope they don't get into an accident or injured during that time. That could be a problem.

Runners are gonna run....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Load quality absolutely has an impact, though.

I get what y'all are saying. It makes sense and I respect it, and I'm going to do my damndest to follow the herd on this one.
After a few weeks I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I gotta be honest, though, I still prefer taking the last of my lunch at home at the end of the day. That's gonna be next on the list for things I need to work on, but it's really nice to check in on the dogs before one :censored2:s everywhere.
Company has been doing this for 100 years. No reason in hell should you have such a :censored2:ty load. First thing you should do when you get to your first stop is snap a picture of the load. Start documenting this…no way in :censored2: can they hold you accountable for anything with such a :censored2:ty load. They can whine all they want but keep going back to load quality. If you are finding over 70’s above waist level or up on the shelf file a safety grievance. Just talking to them probably won’t do crap…gotta stand up for yourself.

some1else

Banned
We had some guys doing some shady stuff just for a few extra minutes of bonus.
One of many reasons we voted out bonus. Way too many drivers tempted to skip lunch, and falsify records to maximize bonus. Believe or not 15 years later there are still drivers in those habits worried about over/under even without bonus. But it helped alotnof guys avoid that temptation.

Duuuuuuude, I learned that day 1.

That was actually my excuse for when I completely skipped lunch in the beginning. All I want to do is take a nap after I fill my belly.

Now I'm just okay with moving a little bit slower, a little more sluggish for a bit. It doesn't last long but it definitely has an impact.
It helps if you take your lunch outside of the package car, just remove yourself from UPS for that half hour. I get a 30 min lunch and 2 - 15 min paid breaks, I usually take my whole hour together. I pack my lunch most days and I have a nice hotel on my route that let's me sit in their lobby. I eat and catch up on the news, sports, and even this :censored2:hole. It's air conditioned and comfortable, the front staff are all nice and it's really a nice break from UPS, and I feel more refreshed than full and groggy.

cosis

Amazon does not deliver more packages than UPS. You’re confusing shipped packages with delivered packages. UPS delivers 27 million a day, Amazon only processes about 13 million a day. Not delivered.
Takeaway the Amazon packages UPS delivers and then how much?