Bloodbath

twotwofour

Anyone else get sent home today? We had about 12 seasonals this peak, all let go, will never see them again. All low seniority drivers, sent home. We went from about 60 routes to 25, never seen this before

Brownwind

Anyone else get sent home today? We had about 12 seasonals this peak, all let go, will never see them again. All low seniority drivers, sent home. We went from about 60 routes to 25, never seen this before
Wednesday morning many will be coming back to work. Usually mid January things will start returning to normal.

Wise not to get into heavy debt until your through your progressing period

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Get used to it. Economy sucks and corporate needs to recoup all the pay raise losses to make the Q1 books look good for the investors. I and many others were offered the day off today. I think it’s going to be a bad year for the covers. Plus whatever mess slotting all the 22.4s in causes. My routes on the chopping block, the latest I worked this peak was 6:45, other than that nothing but 8 hour days. At least we’re rebidding again.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
This will be like nothing we’ve ever seen before. Our peaks keep getting lighter, it’s not just the economy or loss volume because of contract issues. This is a seismic shift in our business model and the impact on it by our largest competitor, Amazon. A lot of layoffs will be permanent. Hell, we had guys laid off right up to November this year. Low seniority drivers might want to think long and hard on where they see themselves 10, 20, or even 30 years out.

Brownwind

Get used to it. Economy sucks and corporate needs to recoup all the pay raise losses to make the Q1 books look good for the investors. I and many others were offered the day off today. I think it’s going to be a bad year for the covers. Plus whatever mess slotting all the 22.4s in causes. My routes on the chopping block, the latest I worked this peak was 6:45, other than that nothing but 8 hour days. At least we’re rebidding again.
Hmmm. We still have 22.4 drivers?

Don’t worry about it. Enjoy your 8 hour days while they last. Soon you’ll be picking vacation. Hopefully you get a good route when you bid.

Cheesypurpletees

This will be like nothing we’ve ever seen before. Our peaks keep getting lighter, it’s not just the economy or loss volume because of contract issues. This is a seismic shift in our business model and the impact on it by our largest competitor, Amazon. A lot of layoffs will be permanent. Hell, we had guys laid off right up to November this year. Low seniority drivers might want to think long and hard on where they see themselves 10, 20, or even 30 years out.
Well the way you’re making it sound, high and low seniority should be concerned

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Well the way you’re making it sound, high and low seniority should be concerned
Let’s hope not but honestly who knows. This year will be quite telling for our future. We can sit here and split hairs over Amazon being our competitor or not but the fact remains, they’re growing while we’re shrinking.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_7406.gif