9.5 starts tomorrow...

undies

And I’m very excited to see my kids before they go to bed. That is all!

What are you looking forward to with the “extra time” you will get? (assuming your management team follows the contract)

542thruNthru

I'm excited for the extra family time but also watching my management team squirm while they try and figure out what to do with all the extra work they need to cover.

iowa boy

Are you sure the 9.5 starts tomorrow? Contract says the list isn't in effect from November 15th THROUGH January 15th...

You are correct with this statement, but 3 paragraphs after that in the same section C of article 37, it says the opt-in list goes into effect ON January 15th. So which paragraph are we supposed to go by?

Rack em

Made the Podium
You are correct with this statement, but 3 paragraphs after that in the same section C of article 37, it says the opt-in list goes into effect ON January 15th. So which paragraph are we supposed to go by?
I've discussed this exact thing with a few people around our local over the last few days and no one has a concrete answer. If you are violated just file the grievance and if the labor manager fights it then panel can make the decision on which language is correct. Worse case scenario is panel decides against us and we lose half a week of penalty pay.

iowa boy

I had a discussion with our steward before work this morning and brought up this same subject, and he doesn't seem to think that its an unwinnable grievance based upon the language in those 2 paragraphs. I hope I can find out this week, as its always fun to piss off the bosses...

Rack em

Made the Podium
I had a discussion with our steward before work this morning and brought up this same subject, and he doesn't seem to think that its an unwinnable grievance based upon the language in those 2 paragraphs. I hope I can find out this week, as its always fun to piss off the bosses...
Couldn't agree more, it brings me a lot of joy making their jobs harder whenever I can because they do the same thing. I filled out my two 8 hour requests for the month and my supervisor asked why I needed them. All I said was "Because the contract says I can."

Brisket

Couldn't agree more, it brings me a lot of joy making their jobs harder whenever I can because they do the same thing. I filled out my two 8 hour requests for the month and my supervisor asked why I needed them. All I said was "Because the contract says I can."

DE957F40-ADA0-4FC0-9DCE-B0D9646E4C1E.gif

CoffeeStainedUniform

And I’m very excited to see my kids before they go to bed. That is all!

What are you looking forward to with the “extra time” you will get? (assuming your management team follows the contract)
In our local* the interpretation is 9.5 week goes by the first full week after peak. So they can screw with you until next work-week.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Are you sure the 9.5 starts tomorrow? Contract says the list isn't in effect from November 15th THROUGH January 15th...

It becomes effective today.

"The “opt-in” lists provided by the Union shall become effective on January 15th and June 15th."

The previous mention is to coincide with the supplemental language extension of

using helpers until January 15th. Besides, it's only 1 day....

iowa boy

"The “opt-in” lists provided by the Union shall become effective on January 15th and June 15th."

I agree with you that it starts today, but like I said, which paragraph will UPS try and use to deny the 9.5 grievances that will be filed this week?

You know the UPS game a lot better than I do with stuff like this.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I am glad it starts today then because I've been averaging an 11½ hour day the past 2 weeks. It will be nice to start getting off at a decent time.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I agree with you that it starts today, but like I said, which paragraph will UPS try and use to deny the 9.5 grievances that will be filed this week?

You know the UPS game a lot better than I do with stuff like this.

I don't see it being any sort of widespread issue. There might be some Labor person

somewhere, try and test the waters.... but there is a "clear and plain" meaning

to that paragraph. Worse case scenario, a Local could just call the IBT and ask.

I am glad it starts today then because I've been averaging an 11½ hour day the past 2 weeks. It will be nice to start getting off at a decent time.

Nobody said you would be working less hours.... you can just file on it now.

:biggrin:

542thruNthru

My stewards was just informed by our BA that a violation today will not count.

That only RPCDs still working a T-S schedule will be able to file if violated 3 days.