9.5 starts tomorrow...

OKLABob

They can keep peak help till the 15th you can file January first I’ve got 2 9.5s this week and I’ll be getting my third tomorrow!

Rack em

Made the Podium
My stewards was just informed by our BA that a violation today will not count.

That only RPCDs still working a T-S schedule will be able to file if violated 3 days.
Our BA said the same thing. Because the contract says the 9.5 list won't be in effect November 15th THROUGH January 15th, that we can't file for this week. It's BS!

undies

What's the point of filing for daily violations then? If the company doesn't pay then they will just keep doing it.
It documents the continued violations, they should be honoring 9.5 every day, not just to keep you from filing a payable grievance.

Rack em

Made the Podium
It documents the continued violations, they should be honoring 9.5 every day, not just to keep you from filing a payable grievance.
So you file every day you go over 9.5 hours? Has this done anything to improve your dispatches?

I am used to getting hosed twice a week easily going over 9.5 hours, usually around 11 hours!

Edit: I have brought up the language where it says they have to make a reasonable effort PER DAY to reduce my paid day to 9.5 and under. But that has never gone anywhere. I have filed a grievance over it before and nothing came of it.

M

MenInBrown

Good ol teamsters using full weak language so UPS can use anybody they want for damn near the whole month of January. Teamster=joke

iowa boy

Our BA said the same thing. Because the contract says the 9.5 list won't be in effect November 15th THROUGH January 15th, that we can't file for this week. It's BS!

This is exactly what I was referencing earlier in this thread. 9.5 starts this week, but UPS has already told the union that they will not hear any 9.5 grievances and that's why we are hearing about this crap now.

Rack em

Made the Podium
This is exactly what I was referencing earlier in this thread. 9.5 starts this week, but UPS has already told the union that they will not hear any 9.5 grievances and that's why we are hearing about this crap now.
Sine when does Ups get to dictate what grievances are heard? Sounds like a ULP to me and I would file one of those too. But like others are saying, or union is weak so I guess the company gets what it wants.

M

MenInBrown

Sine when does Ups get to dictate what grievances are heard? Sounds like a ULP to me and I would file one of those too. But like others are saying, or union is weak so I guess the company gets what it wants.
Don’t hold your breath on teamsters doing jack squat. We no longer have 9.5 protections.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
but UPS has already told the union that they will not hear any 9.5 grievances

Cool.

Then your Local can just slate them for the Panel, without a Local level hearing.

Since when does Ups get to dictate what grievances are heard?

They don't....

Sounds like a ULP to me

If the company tries to jerk the Local around, they should file a ULP.

I'm fine with letting the DFR's fly.

If your Local is dumb enough to tell member's they aren't going to hear any

timely filed grievance's (or any grievance at all) by all means, file a DFR.

Lazy BA's, give the Union a bad reputation.

As long as that is the truth....

-Bug-