9.5 starts tomorrow...

What'dyabringmetoday???

Cool.

Then your Local can just slate them for the Panel, without a Local level hearing.

They don't....

If the company tries to jerk the Local around, they should file a ULP.

If your Local is dumb enough to tell member's they aren't going to hear any

timely filed grievance's (or any grievance at all) by all means, file a DFR.

Lazy BA's, give the Union a bad reputation.

As long as that is the truth....

-Bug-
BAs good- UPSers bad.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I can already tell this is going to be a big issue whether the 9.5 protection started the 15th or 16th. First we were told to file if violated, then they said no because of the language it was pointless to file. Now today they say if violated then file and they will take it to panel if they don't pay them at center levels. It's been back and forth so much my head is spinning!

But at least we finally got the union on our side and they are willing to take it to panel for a decision.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Not news to Local 391 unfortunately. Arbitration had a ruling that unless there are weeks in a row of 9.5 violations that it isn’t really excessive. Through out 10s of thousands of over 9.5 grievances.

The arbitration case you are referring to.... involved 1 violation in 5 months.

"Watson was not continually worked more than 9.5 hours in a week by any stretch of any reasonable person’s imagination."

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...UPS-IBT-2914-Decision-Sept2019.pdf?1568843577

I've said previously, I was perplexed that the IBT wanted to use this as the pilot case.

Faceplanted

The arbitration case you are referring to.... involved 1 violation in 5 months.

"Watson was not continually worked more than 9.5 hours in a week by any stretch of any reasonable person’s imagination."

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...UPS-IBT-2914-Decision-Sept2019.pdf?1568843577

I've said previously, I was perplexed that the IBT wanted to use this as the pilot case.
Sure you are. The Ibt is in bed with ups. This was a great case to weaken 9.5 rulings.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Got to vote out the current sellouts we have in office next year

Well....

UPS people wouldn't vote for strike authorization, or even on their own contract.

That's just the history. The number totals won't be much different next election.

Just the way it is.

And UPS is about 1/5 of the total number of Teamsters.

We're supposed to hate Canada now.... right ?

;)

Well....

UPS people wouldn't vote for strike authorization, or even on their own contract.

That's just the history. The number totals won't be much different next election.

Just the way it is.

And UPS is about 1/5 of the total number of Teamsters.

We're supposed to hate Canada now.... right ?

;)
I hate Canada his for the heck of it.

I really can't understand why people don't vote. It's not like you have to drive down to the union hall and vote.

Rack em

Made the Podium
No one will seem to answer this within my local, but I want some clarification on it. So let's say that company keeps you under 9.5 three days a week but the other two days you are getting 11+ hour days. Is that enough to file a grievance since they are not making a reasonable effort to reduce your day to 9.5 hours? If they know X amount of stops will for sure not only be over 9.5, but over let's say 10.5 hours, then can drivers file on that?

The usual in our center is they load us up no matter what and they just send drivers to help 3 days a week to keep the drivers on the 9.5 list under. The other 2 days they just make us finish the work which for a lot of routes is over 11 hour days.