screamin chicken

Im trying to get on the 9.5 list, tonight will make my 3 this week, only problem is I was called to work preload at 720 this am, But I was on the rd from 920 until 2038 , can I still get on the 9.5

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Cuz he still drove from 9:20 to 20:38?
I agree he/she was dispatched to work more than 9.5 as a driver, but don't you see how volunteering for extra work prior in the preload diffuses an employee's claim that they don't want the overtime?

A competent labor manager would surely make that argument and deadlock the grievance, why wouldn't they?

You can't live on both sides of the fence.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Im trying to get on the 9.5 list, tonight will make my 3 this week, only problem is I was called to work preload at 720 this am, But I was on the rd from 920 until 2038 , can I still get on the 9.5

Tell the company you want to sign the list, based on your "on road" hours.

If they refuse, file a grievance.

I agree he/she was dispatched to work more than 9.5 as a driver, but don't you see how volunteering for extra work prior in the preload diffuses an employee's claim that they don't want the overtime?

You have a valid point.

I was called to work preload at 720 this am

The OP didn't state he "volunteered".

It would help to know what supplement he is covered by.

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

A competent labor manager would surely make that argument and deadlock the grievance, why wouldn't they?

Was he/she volunteering to come in early? Or were they forced?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Nope. It's not about the OT. It's about what time one gets off work.

I know that's the case for me and it's probably the case for a whole lot of people.

I would have no problem working 10+ hours a day if we started at 6am.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Nope. It's not about the OT. It's about what time one gets off work.

I know that's the case for me and it's probably the case for a whole lot if people.

I would have no problem working 10+ hours a day if we started at 6am.

That's not how the language is written.

While I understand the semantics of your statement, it really is not relevant to Art 37.

Brownslave688

That's not how the language is written.

While I understand the semantics of your statement, it really is not relevant to Art 37.
If he was trying to get paid for a 9.5 grievance you might have a point.

I don't see anyone arguing too much for him to just be put on the 9.5 list.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Had a driver once who signed up to run early am's every day, when his seniority prevailed.
Most days his seniority did.
He did it for years, then decided that he wanted to file for 9.5 and continue to deliver the early am's.
He got laughed out of the room at the Local level hearing.
Why wouldn't he?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If he was trying to get paid for a 9.5 grievance you might have a point.

I don't see anyone arguing too much for him to just be put on the 9.5 list.
It's their "one bite of the apple", every five months.
They are being told to protect as if it were a paying grievance, because without being on the list, there are no grievances.

Brownslave688

Had a driver once who signed up to run early am's every day, when his seniority prevailed.
Most days his seniority did.
He did it for years, then decided that he wanted to file for 9.5 and continue to deliver the early am's.
He got laughed out of the room at the Local level hearing.
Why wouldn't he?
I guess it depends on how you look at it.

I just see that as a way to use his seniority to bump up his start time.

I see both sides of the argument.

Brownslave688

It's their "one bite of the apple", every five months.
They are being told to protect as if it were a paying grievance, because without being on the list, there are no grievances.
Depends on where you are I guess.

It's all crap anyway. You should opt out of the 9.5 list every 5 months. Not opt in.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
How is a full time driver "forced" to come in early to work the preload?

image.jpeg
Now I guess you'll give the googled definitions of forced vs ordered.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How is a full time driver "forced" to come in early to work the preload?
We have that happen. Usually the work is offered but can be forced.

We also have early AM routes, which are bid 7:30am. Because it's rural the airs need to get out there early and the rest shuttled. If you are a cover, you can be "forced" to run one of these routes.