Faceplanted

Is this fact... or fiction ?

What Local ?

That sounds hard to believe.

I'll bet.... there is more to the story.

What are you waiting for ?

I can walk you through it.... if that's what you want.

No guts, no glory.

-Bug-
One of the Tampa hubs is back over 2 years, jax has about 1.5 years worth of unheard money greviences.

There is not more to the story, drivers who file especially for 9/5 or supervisors working get a target on their back. Ups will watch and watch and watch, find something silly and discharge you over it

The discharge will be for "stealing time" or "dishonesty".
The union them selves say it won't stick and is bogus, but most drivers don't have 2/3 months of income liquid in their account to Cover the time off and get them for backpay. There have been drivers discharged in my hub off of nothing but telematics.

So after a week or 2 at the local level they are offered to come back in exchange for throwing out their greviences. Like I said most guys don't have 10-15k to get by until panel, and they like to keep pushing panel as far back as they can. Guys who get into tier 3 accidents and at fault happen to have their hearing immediately (non filling ass kissers)

It's dirty down here

Last edited:

By The Book

I should reword that. It would cause missed. But it would not affect overallowed.
It would also affect over allowed. The drivers who had missed would now take time to sheet all these missed, which would be while stopped of course. This would cause these drivers to have more over allowed than before.

One of the Tampa hubs is back over 2 years, jax has about 1.5 years worth of unheard money greviences.

There is not more to the story, drivers who file especially for 9/5 or supervisors working get a target on their back. Ups will watch and watch and watch, find something silly and discharge you over it

The union them selves say it won't stick and is bogus, but most drivers don't have 2/3 months of income liquid in their account to Cover the time off and get them for backpay. There have been drivers discharged in my hub off of nothing but telematics.

So after a week or 2 at the local level they are offered to come back in exchange for throwing out their greviences. Like I said most guys don't have 10-15k to get by until panel, and they like to keep pushing panel as far back as they can. Guys who get into tier 3 accidents and at fault happen to have their hearing immediately (non filling ass kissers)

It's dirty down here
That's awful. And all I hear all day is wow you have a great job. What a great company to work for. And I'll reply ya it's great if you have hip waders to put up with the bull:censored2:, because it's real deep...

Faceplanted

Also to add BigUnionGuy, i dont think charges on the local or any type of union help is the answer, somebody is going to have to talk to one of the powerful attorney groups and handle this that way. I have been told from a few good friends who happen to work in management that they have been told friend the money greviences and (barging unit) won't get nothing. The district supposedly has told labor not to hear them. Locals are trying to handle these from what I hear with ups wanting none of it. In the majority of hubs this approach has dropped down greaviences as people now think it isn't worth it. My hub is still fighting strong.

Sadly imho, a unlawful termination, discrimination, or retaliation/hostile work environment lawsuit based on a history of formal complaints with witnesses is going to be the only way they will learn. They will slip up and mess with the wrong guy and pay heavily.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

It's dirty down here
Tampa hub is 2 years behind? And that district isn't paying ant money grievances?

I never heard that before. Local 79 runs Tampa. They have a fierce reputation.

I highly doubt they'd let that happen

Faceplanted

Tampa hub is 2 years behind? And that district isn't paying ant money grievances?

I never heard that before. Local 79 runs Tampa. They have a fierce reputation.

I highly doubt they'd let that happen
One driver in our hub finally got them to hear his after slightly over a year, he goes to the local level and the center manager "forgets" all the time card info. Now it's going to panel. Ojs rides have been lost multiple times at panels for our hub. I make sure to ask for copies of EVERYTHING for my Personal files.

I can't verify what I've been told to be 100% concerning other hubs, I know ours is true. I have been told the same thing concerning other hubs by multiple og stewards who talk to the other local on occasion. i will go ahead and say I didn't verify it and it may be hearsay, but I believe it from what I've seen.

There are more than 5 payrol correction greviences I have personally seen, some close to a year old and no hearing. The penalties have to be huge!!!!!

Last edited:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
One driver in our hub finally got them to hear his after slightly over a year, he goes to the local level and the center manager "forgets" all the time card info. Now it's going to panel. Ojs rides have been lost multiple times at panels for our hub. I make sure to ask for copies of EVERYTHING for my Personal files.

I can't verify what I've been told to be 100% concerning other hubs, I know ours is true. I have been told the same thing concerning other hubs by multiple og stewards who talk to the other local on occasion. i will go ahead and say I didn't verify it and it may be hearsay, but I believe it from what I've seen.

There are more than 5 payrol correction greviences I have personally seen, some close to a year old and no hearing. The penalties have to be huge!!!!!
I just can't imagine local 79 and Ken, who has a fierce reputation in Florida, letting Tampa grievances go like that.

They have some amazing BAs I've heard are pretty aggressive. Our local speaks highly of them

Last edited by a moderator:

By The Book

Isn't there language that protects the employees from retaliation when they use the grievance procedure? The timing of the retaliation will be a determining factor? I recall something like that. I would also make the case that if the company isn't timely in hearing grievances that any action against an employee who filed a grievance gets tossed.

Faceplanted

Isn't there language that protects the employees from retaliation when they use the grievance procedure? The timing of the retaliation will be a determining factor? I recall something like that. I would also make the case that if the company isn't timely in hearing grievances that any action against an employee who filed a grievance gets tossed.
There is retaliation language. I'm one of the few that appears to use it.