A Good Peak Season Memory?

Is there anything that happened during a Peak Season that, when you think about it, brings a smile to your face? Mine is when I was delivering in an older residential area. It was dark already, the temp was around 30 and snowing lightly. As I stepped out of my P800 the air was full of the smell of fireplaces burning in the neighborhood. Christmas lights glistened off the snow already on the ground and, looking at the package, I could tell it was a Christmas gift that was ordered for one of the children in the house. The same feeling happened many times that night and it was probably the best 2 hours of delivering I ever have had. Every time I thing about that, it brings a smile to my face. Do any of you out there have any such memories?

Notretiredyet

I've got one from tonight, had a bunch of toy packages with pictures on them for a house I normally deliver to in the afternoon. When I got there today the kids were out playing in the front yard, so I drove by and waited to del them on the way in rather than ruin their Xmas. When I went back tonite it was after 8pm, so I put the pkgs at the rear door then walked up to the front door and rang the bell. The kids answered the door so I asked if I could talk to their mom, when she came out I told her she had packages on her back porch and the reason why I put them there. She couldn't thank me enough for doing that, best of all I got some cookies for the ride back to the center.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a customer yell at me this afternoon while making a residential delivery. He was upset that I blew the horn and that I delivered the packages to his front door. He explained that his 6 year old daughter has been watching for the UPS truck to drive by. The packages had no markings on the outside, I had no idea he had a 6 year old daughter and blew the horn and DR'd them per the methods. I did not apologize but instead suggested that he ask the shipper to add "Please put in garage" next time and wished him a nice day.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I had a customer yell at me this afternoon while making a residential delivery. He was upset that I blew the horn and that I delivered the packages to his front door. He explained that his 6 year old daughter has been watching for the UPS truck to drive by. The packages had no markings on the outside, I had no idea he had a 6 year old daughter and blew the horn and DR'd them per the methods. I did not apologize but instead suggested that he ask the shipper to add "Please put in garage" next time and wished him a nice day.
I can't help but wonder why you would not put the packages in the garage anyway? Seems like the best place to keep them "out of weather/out of view". I am only mentioning this because you would tell anyone else the same thing had they posted what you did about leaving by the front door.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Co-worker said every time he stepped in the back of the truck he felt like he was playing twister looking for an aluminum spot to place his foot. Also said he felt like the boxes were humping him like a dog in heat today every time he tried to got two feet inside the truck. Both these comments made my helper and I laugh half the day.

i had a nice young lady flag me down and says i need you to stop by my house and pick something up...I said no problem be there in a few..I knock on the door and she says do you like beer? I say yes.. she says good..here is a 12 pack for you to take home!!! I doesnt get too much better than that!!! (unless she was naked)...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Co-worker said every time he stepped in the back of the truck he felt like he was playing twister looking for an aluminum spot to place his foot. Also said he felt like the boxes were humping him like a dog in heat today every time he tried to got two feet inside the truck. Both these comments made my helper and I laugh half the day.
When I was a new driver I once lit a center manager up one hot July day when I felt like I was getti g heat stroke. I said "I was sweating like I was jacking off in a port a potty". He just laughed and said he was visualizing it and wanted it to stop.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
When I was a new driver I once lit a center manager up one hot July day when I felt like I was getti g heat stroke. I said "I was sweating like I was jacking off in a port a potty". He just laughed and said he was visualizing it and wanted it to stop.

I'm gunna use that in July.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Had a great customer on my old route that does a huge Christmas BBq as an appreciation to their customers and suppliers. They always invited me and would not only feed me but took the time to sit with me and make sure I felt like one of the family. Then they always gave me a gift as I left! Today was that BBQ, first time I have missed it in 5 years!! I did send them a message on FB to thank them and let them know I miss them all!

U

uber

Wow, thats a cool memory.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I had a customer show up at the Customer Counter today , he handed me his info notice & after checking it in ett , I informed him that both of his items had been returned.
He left but returned a few minutes as I was helping someone else in line , demanding for the mgr.
I asked him why & he started yelling at me , so I just kept on doing what I was doing , meanwhile he is now on his cell phone yelling at someone else how I personally screwed up his pkgs .
All of a sudden he shuts up & leaves the counter , I look up and see a uniformed CBP officer dropping off one of his weekly pkgs.
Now that made my day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One time on Christmas eve I delivered one of those NDA honeybaked hams to a young, recently married couple who were having both sets of parents over for their first Christmas dinner as a new family in their home. The package was a day late due to weather delays, and the young bride was a nervous wreck at the idea of having to put together a dinner for her hubby, her in-laws and her own parents without the big ham she had planned on serving. She was so glad to see me that she practically ran out to the curb to meet me!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I was very tired and it was Christmas eve. The boss asked me to do him a HUGE favor. A very important package had been misloaded and needed to be run down to Sandy Pond. That's 40 miles one way from the center. I really didn't want to, but I did. The pond is like a trailer park in that they just plopped the houses wherever they could, as long as it was on water. I, finally, find the house. There is an older couple greeting me at the door, very nervous. Unbeknownst to me, I was carrying their future Daughter-in-laws engagement ring. They were beyond thrilled that I made this trip. They invited me in to see the ring. Yes, I went in. I am a girl. Oh My God. It was a 3 carat oval shaped diamond in a platinum setting. It was delicious. I made that family's Christmas.
I am so glad I delivered just one more box that Christmas eve.

I still see them now, and then. They always wave.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can't help but wonder why you would not put the packages in the garage anyway? Seems like the best place to keep them "out of weather/out of view". I am only mentioning this because you would tell anyone else the same thing had they posted what you did about leaving by the front door.

Not that it's any of your concern, but there are bushes by the front door which work well to hide packages from the road. If this option were not available I most certainly would have used the garage.